First Low-Side

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Low-Side

I feel pretty silly. I went out in McKinney yesterday to ride twisties with my mom. She's got a Yamaha V-Star 650 and she was just up for tooling around, but I wanted to tear up the twisties. So on a 10-mile run, I finished about 3 minutes before she did, and it turns out she was really moving. Met some guy who wanted riding buddies, talked for a bit, and left. Turned right, turned right again, low-sided. The concrete looked perfectly clean, but I went back and it was dusty as hell. I was probably going about 30 when I went down, because I slid for a good 20 feet. Fortunately, I went down on the right side, and the right side of my bike is already messed up. It didn't cause any new damage at all - just wore the frame sliders down further. And, I had my jacket on, so while it's rashed up, I don't care, because I came out relatively clean. Still pretty awkward though - we hit Sonic on the way home and my mom is telling my friends that I went down right in front of her. At least shes not one of those stupid moms that would try to coerce me to sell my bike or some crap.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Default RE: First Low-Side

thats awsome.... not the crash, you riding with your mom. glad you went donw on the same side thats already messed up, if i go down i hope its on the left side again ahha. well glad you were able to ride away, and that your "relativley clean" those are the best crashes.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:03 PM

hahaha... sounds like a tight mom. she is making fun of you, instead of telling to you to sell!! thats awsome man

Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 AM

ORIGINAL: must_tang50

hahaha... sounds like a tight mom. she is making fun of you, instead of telling to you to sell!! thats awsome man
^^^^^^^^ +1 that's awesome