Sticky situation

Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky situation

ok a bud o mine at work is selling his 06 600rr only catch is he dont have a tittle for it he is a good bud and i know it aint hot the situation is he stoped making payments on it over a year ago nonone has contacted him and its nowhere on his credit. so my question is what gives? should i buy and do a frame switch? hes asking for 3k good deal or crap?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Sticky situation

That seems like a lot of unwanted potential trouble. How will you insure it with no papers or title? Will there be a title for the other frame?I think I would look for something else.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 PM

How about tell him to be an honest person a give it back. Why would even consider purchasing this bike? O wait its a friend of yours so it make the situation ok? Get real Man!!!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:48 PM

work a deal with him to pay the difference/rest of loan, you should be able to work something out, but what your talk'n is illegal and i agree with tocoma, it would be problems in the end, not worth it!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 PM

no way is it a good deal
the fact that he stopped making payments means money is owed on the bike, which means this money has been accumulating interest.....like mad
if you try to get a title on it, you're gonna get a$$ raped with charges

Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 PM

^^ a$$ raped he says. its the truth.. unless for some reason the credit completely deleted, lost, and forgot about records of this bike, something is accumulating somewhere. he is gonna get raped when he goes to get a loan and that pops back up and he owes 200k on it... man wont that be amusing.

buy a different bike man its not worth it

Old 09-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that he stopped making payments in the first place raises questions in my mind. That itself doesn't seem right.

Second is the fact that it WILL find him eventually. They have his SSN, and it WILL come back to haunt him. It's not on his credit score "yet". I give it less than 6 months. Usually, the companies will send notice after notice, threatening to send to collections. Then collections tries to, well, collect. This takes a while (usually a year to a year and a half).........THEN the collections agency puts out a repo on the bike, and his credit score falls through the floor........

........meanwhile.........

Your friend who conveniently stopped making payments a year ago now has MASSIVE back-debt, collections charges and fees, not to mention he's facing a LONG time to rebuild his credit. HE is not smart for knowingly doing what he's doing. Don't even touch the bike, because no matter what the technical term is for it, THAT BIKE IS CONSIDERED HOT.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed, keep looking

Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 AM

I concur with everything said above.

Find a deal elsewhere.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 AM

agree with everyone. dont do it. sounds way to sketchy. less ur intent of buyin this bike becuase u cant live with out it than figure out the whole situation and find out what he owes and wut not. but dont buy the bike without the title!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sticky situation