Sticker help needed

Old 05-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticker help needed

First of all, I have an 05 all black 600rr, and when I dropped it I thought I totalled the plastic. But, upon further inspection I just totalled the front and rear fairings and rashed my gas tank cover. Some scratches and scrapes on my left and right mids, but it was generally spared by my sliders. I got my front and rear plastic new OEM for $550 on ebay with the tribal logo. So, now I need to get tribal stickers for the mids and gas tank. I defiantely want them to match, so do they need to be OEM. Second, do I need to clear coat once the tribal decals are on? Third, where is the best place to buy the OEM tribal decals for the 05? Fourth, I need a rear rim, so what should I be lloking to spend? Does it matter how the rim looks if it is going out to be chromed? Basically if there is any threads already started on decals can somebody link me who has transformed to teh tribal edition of the bike. I appreciate all of the help.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Default RE: Sticker help needed

Bought my decal set from Replica.com i think might be replicas.com anyway I have an F4i and got the OEM decal set for 100.00. They said you could leave the decals once they were on as top mount and not clear over them or you could clear over them if you wanted to. I cleared over mine because i repainted the whole bike and was going to be clearing anyway. but the ones on the tail section i didnt put on and i am going to just top mount them on the fairings. If you don't have any experience with decaling i recommend taking them to someone that does and have them put it on. Its not easy and you will just frustrate yourself trying to get everything right. I have to take pictures of the bike today anyway so i'll include some in this thread so you can see what they look like after they have been mounted and everything.

I would assume you would just want to buy a straight rim with no bends or anything in it. If it is going for chrome then it is going to be stripped down anyway. And also you're probably going to want to get new bearings and what not as all that stuff has to be taken out for chrome. make sure they don't chrome inside the Hub though or you wont be able to put the bearings back in. But if they don't already know that then i would question the quality of the chrome shop. Any other questions just ask.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best prices on anything Honda OEM including stickers is www.sevicehonda.com. Look up their phone number and talk to Melissa. Tell her Adam from OH sent you.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM

Here are a couple pics for you.
Name:  cbrfinished001.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  64.5 KB
Name:  cbrfinished005.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  59.7 KB
Name:  rearseatnew.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  79.5 KB

Old 05-25-2006, 04:50 PM

Kreush

The webiste isn't coming up, can you check it for me again?

Thanks

Old 05-26-2006, 12:06 AM

Replicals.com

they also sell on ebay sometimes prices on ebay are cheaper than their prices on their web site. I found the tribal set for 129 on their site. You might want to ask them if they will sell you just the mid fairing decals though cause they sell individuals as well but they don't have the tribal in that section. Poke around there site see what you come up with. The guy was really nice and even though they messed up my address and i didnt get the decals on time they refunded shipping and he really did try to get them to me as fast as possible, wasn't really his fault. haha

Old 05-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Will the bike look funny if teh front is stock and the mids/tank, and lower are replicas or aftermarket? Also, for anyone with the tribal, are the stickers under or over the clear coat. I'm hearing under on the tank and over for the rest of the bike, can anyone with Tribal 05 or 06 confirm for me.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:07 AM

Yeah the decals on my F4i were over the clear except on the tank, I think its better though if you put these decals on under the clear coat, if not they are going to get messed up easy. If you can't or don't want to put them under the clear i would recommend going with OEM honda decals. They wont look funny because they are the same as the hodna ones so it shouldnt be a problem.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:10 PM

If you do order the pieces from replicals.com, they match the OEM decals perfectly. I ordered them to replace what I was missing, and you'd never know they weren't Honda.