F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

VF sticker? *Pic*

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VF sticker? *Pic*

I have this sticker on my bike, doesn't have a clue what it means.
Seem to be having a hard time finding them on the internet too....

Name:  100_0984.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  115.5 KB

Needless to say, I either need another idea for another sticker or just another one of those for now.
BECAUSE....this is what I found after I bought and brought the bike home
Name:  100_0986.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  45.7 KB

After this summer I plan on getting it fixed but it's going to have to wait for right now, or unless I find a right side plastic on ebay that's not damaged

Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM

That's a fly racing sticker, you could just get a new decal and some paint and fix that fairing up. I ended up pulling all the decals on my right fairing and repainting it due to scrapes like that.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ahh yes...the ole - hide it w/a sticker trick. Its been used for decades. You can either recover it w/ another misc sticker or go down to a sign shop & get some red viny, match it up & cover it. There's also replicals.com to get the entire replica sticker.

BTW, nice nails. ;-)

Old 02-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Banned

Yep, I'd throw a sticker over that.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by chambers
That's a fly racing sticker, you could just get a new decal and some paint and fix that fairing up. I ended up pulling all the decals on my right fairing and repainting it due to scrapes like that.
Thanks!!! I plan on doing the whole taking the decals off, painting it and fixing it. Little scared on paint shops and whether they can match the bike and if there using good paint ya know.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Ahh yes...the ole - hide it w/a sticker trick. Its been used for decades. You can either recover it w/ another misc sticker or go down to a sign shop & get some red viny, match it up & cover it. There's also replicals.com to get the entire replica sticker.

BTW, nice nails. ;-)
^
Thanks lol

I just need a another sticker for now, going to the beach this summer. I'm paranoid/perfect person lol so it needs to be covered hahah

Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM

Thanks to my buddy who suggested replicals.com

This is what i'm going to do...it's going to save me a lot more money than I was planning on spending

Take the right side decal off.....have it sanded down, painted and i'm going to buy the right side decal (that I didn't know i could purchase separate)

Your #1 Source for Aftermarket Motorcycle Decals

Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM

Yea, replicals is good from what I've heard, I should have used them b/c I spent much more on oem decals. The shops shouldn't have any trouble matching the base paint color, I used rattle cans of duplicolor engine enamel gloss black and then clear coat.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 PM

I'll tell you what I did. I went to Bike Bandit under OEM "stripes" and found my bike. Ordered the factory sticker that is above that one. That short one. I then used that as a temporary (permanent) cover-up for that rash. I had the same scrape. What's funny is the dude that sold me the bike said "check out these cool red eyes sticker" They make it look cool" After taking it home and pulling the stickers off, BAM, rash covered up. Why can't people just be straight about what they sell?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by mattrowland
I'll tell you what I did. I went to Bike Bandit under OEM "stripes" and found my bike. Ordered the factory sticker that is above that one. That short one. I then used that as a temporary (permanent) cover-up for that rash. I had the same scrape. What's funny is the dude that sold me the bike said "check out these cool red eyes sticker" They make it look cool" After taking it home and pulling the stickers off, BAM, rash covered up. Why can't people just be straight about what they sell?
Wow yea people can't be honest these days about anything....but I think I got the best out of the deal anyways since we traded. My lil rash doesnt bother me..it can be fixed.
Ohhh yea I Found a pack of Fly racing stickers , 10 for $4.95 sounds like a good cheap fix for now till after the beach vacation!

Quick Reply: VF sticker? *Pic*