Slip-on Installation...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slip-on Installation...?

Your aftermarket pipe should have came with a tube of high temp. silicone to substitute as a the gasket, that's why it fits so tight...you shouldn't have to bend anything on your new exhaust! Get the silicone if it doesn't come with your new pipe and keep the pliers away from it!
My pipe didn't come with silicone and it wouldn't fit tight at all with out the gasket. There is no way silicone would have made the pipe fit proper. Maybe different pipes vary as far as how they can be installed, but I can assure you that I had to remove the gasket from my stock pipe and use it on the new pipe. I didn't bend anything on my new exhaust if you read my post. The directions that came with the exhaust never said anything about silicone.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Coda

Your aftermarket pipe should have came with a tube of high temp. silicone to substitute as a the gasket, that's why it fits so tight...you shouldn't have to bend anything on your new exhaust! Get the silicone if it doesn't come with your new pipe and keep the pliers away from it!
My pipe didn't come with silicone and it wouldn't fit tight at all with out the gasket. There is no way silicone would have made the pipe fit proper. Maybe different pipes vary as far as how they can be installed, but I can assure you that I had to remove the gasket from my stock pipe and use it on the new pipe. I didn't bend anything on my new exhaust if you read my post. The directions that came with the exhaust never said anything about silicone.
LOL...I had a case of reading dyslexia and interpreted the opposite of what you actually wrote...oops [&:]

Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 AM

My Yoshi didn't come with any gaskets or sealants. I used the old gasket. Be careful taking it out though. Also, you will see the mid-pipe when you take off the lower fairing. Just follow the pipe from the exhaust can towards the motor. Hardest part for me was getting the old pipe off at the mid-pipe. Had to wiggle it loose. Other than that, no worries.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:18 AM

Well my boss was all sorts of pissed today, my pipes came in early, BUT they were in "Receiving" so i couldn't get them, even though it was a special order and already payed for.....One of the guys in the department said he could scan it out in 2 minutes and he told him to wait till tomorrow. Why? I don't know he claims it might screw up the system so i siad k give me all the parts and scan the ****ing box tomorrow and i'll take the parts home tonight..His reply i am to busy(although it took no work from him that's what he said) So now it won't be "Available" till like 1pm tomorrow prolly and i start at 3pm and work till 3am so maybe i will install them Wednesday after noon before work...

All in all a little bit of a dissapointment.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:45 AM

Getting my *** up in 7 hours to install those bad boys....(the Carbon Fiber looks sick in the sun light.)

Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM

My god damn stock pipe WONT COME OFF.....Am i missing a hidden bolt or something?

Old 06-28-2006, 04:08 PM

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/...1204x_Inst.pdf

^^^^those will make it so easy it isnt funny, lol

you may have just missed a bold like you said, because even though it may be a little work to get the old pipe off, its nothing more than a llittle wiggling to get it out

Old 06-28-2006, 04:11 PM

i had the same problem until i realized i had to take off the right rearset to give the pipe enough room to wiggle free

Old 06-28-2006, 06:11 PM

I am a complete dumb *** i didn't even notice the two holding it on at the pipe, anyways after installing it getting running etc putting it all back together i notice my lights are dim....I'm like oh F*** i go to turn it on to let it regain some juice and it doesn't have enough to click over....The FI goes then it make a clicking sound real fast then nothing....Had it started several times while checking for leaks at the seals, so i tried to run and dump the clutch to get it to start it almost did but not quite so now i can't even go take it for a run......

Old 06-28-2006, 06:14 PM

I called the guy at the shop about a really small leak i had, i asked if i should use high temp sealant and he said sure but you need to give it 48 hours to dry.....Anyone know a brand that doesnt take a day to two to dry?