Slight fairing problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight fairing problem

07 cbr600rr......right side fairing....the one that has tabs going into the gas tank cover. SOB keeps popping out when i am riding and its driving me up a wall. Am i missing something when i install this panel. Is there a specific way of doing this...i am stumped...i love the bike but this damn fairing is driving me up a wall.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

I'd certainly love to help you, but I don't have one of these bikes (maybe someday). If anyone can help though, it would be someone in the RR section. I'm move the post there and see if anyone pops in.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I'd certainly love to help you, but I don't have one of these bikes (maybe someday). If anyone can help though, it would be someone in the RR section. I'm move the post there and see if anyone pops in.
ok thanks

Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2kcivicguy
07 cbr600rr......right side fairing....the one that has tabs going into the gas tank cover. SOB keeps popping out when i am riding and its driving me up a wall. Am i missing something when i install this panel. Is there a specific way of doing this...i am stumped...i love the bike but this damn fairing is driving me up a wall.
Did you get the fairings from us by any chance?

Old 06-24-2012, 09:30 PM

oh no.....i was looking at them today...i am thinking some mounting screws on the tank cover may be loose because i can push on it a lil bit and it moves so will check them next chance i get.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2kcivicguy
oh no.....i was looking at them today...i am thinking some mounting screws on the tank cover may be loose because i can push on it a lil bit and it moves so will check them next chance i get.
Are they OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket who you get them from?

Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 PM

I'm having the same problem with my 06RR. THey are the OEM fairings and I can't get them to stay up under the tank... Any help would be appreciated. THanks,

Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I kept having the same issue but on my left side. What I did is loosen up all the screws that hold the fairing on, push it back into place and then snug the screws back down. I didn't go too tight cause I didn't want the tabs to keep popping out but not loose enough where they fall off. No issue since.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by MotorcycleFairingsRUS.com
Are they OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket who you get them from?
wow interesting...i thought i was the only one. I got a set from CBC Cali Biker Club......but had to replace the upper two both left n right....with OEM's from ebay.

I am planning on doing what R Dub has done.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Default Uh Oh.

Well i may have discovered something....this is my first salvage build...i think i did well for the most part...however....i am discovering that these lil clips on the gas tank cover go to something and i am thinking i totally missed a left and right small cowl pieces.

Name:  Hondabikestuff007.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  130.5 KB

can any of you confirm this?

Quick Reply: Slight fairing problem