Is this a scam?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a scam?

I'm selling my bike. This guy replied to my adand from the get go this he's sounded fishy. Apparenty he's from the U.K. This is the last e-mail he sent me:

Hello
thanks for your mail, i have seen the price and its ok by me.i have instructed my client to issue thecertisfied check on your name in us funds. mean whlie also instructed him to include your money on the payment with the pick up money,so you should expect acertisfied check of $11,350 the excess is for my shipper that will be coming for pick up at your location.the funds will be used for the pick up of the {06' HONDA CBR600RR $7200 } along side other goods i placed order for in care of my shipper.so as soon as you receive my payment, i imploy you to proceed to any local cashing outlet nearest to you, cash and and deduct your money for the (06' HONDA CBR600RR $7200} and wire the balance via western union money transfer to my shipper as soon as you RECEIVE the payment and also have deduct an extra $200 for your stress of cashing and the cost of wiring the remaining funds to my shipper that same day you receive the payment. My SHIPPER will come for pick up on a specicified date that will be convenient for you. i hope i can count on you for my balance I ALSO WANT THIS TO BASE ON TRUST CAN I TRUST YOU?... i hope this is understandable and ok, i will also like you to feed me out with your details this includes.
FULL NAME:...
ADDRESS:...
CITY:...
STATE:...
ZIP CODE:...
PHONE NUMBER: {these includes both home and mobile number} i await your soonest reply to my mail.
KIND REGARDS ..
payment and shipping arrangment /understanding

Old 02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Is this a scam?

scam flat out, i got the exact same email when i tryed to sell my ecplipse on autotrader. Its a fake check. Run away

Or get his home addy, call local authorities and have them get him in the UK. This happens way to often

Old 02-15-2007, 04:39 PM

SCAM don't even bother with it

Old 02-15-2007, 05:22 PM

Yeah, thanks.I thought so too, just wanted a few more opinions to be sure. I'm going to to try and catch the ****er

Old 02-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes

answer to the original question

Old 02-15-2007, 05:28 PM

Incase you guys are interested I'll keep you up to date on the goings onHere is my reply to his e-mail:

Before I give you all that and agree to sell. I need some information from you. Do you have a phone number I could reach you at?

Old 02-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Anything from overseas is going 99% of the time to be a scam. Especially things like that.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:09 PM

Seriously, someone would really want to buy a bike overseas? They've got none in the UK? Hate those scammers. Hope you manage to catch the A-hole.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:55 PM

Its simple old fahioned money laundering......Mafia been doing it for years....back out now..in fact dont even reply..

Old 02-15-2007, 10:01 PM

I have a friend in the car business and has run into this a few times. The deal is , They send you a Certified check and your bank will take it, and usually give you credit for it . Meanwhile everything seems fine and you say good bye to bike and the money is in the bank. Well, it takes about 30-45 days for your bank to get paid by the over seas writer of the check, They then find out there's is no such bank., Then guess what, The bank takes there money back from you and your left holding the bag ( With no bike in it ) and the guy is now impossible to get hold of.
I would avoid it like a steaming pile of poo.

Quick Reply: Is this a scam?