Rumble Concepts

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumble Concepts

you guys know any other good plate kits? Im not worried about having the light attached. Right know there is just a hinge from like a cabinet door holding my plate on. I didn't do it for the record.ha. I am just trying to legal it up a little bit.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Haha no sweat. Glad i could help! lol

-Adam

Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: morganw

you guys know any other good plate kits? Im not worried about having the light attached. Right know there is just a hinge from like a cabinet door holding my plate on. I didn't do it for the record.ha. I am just trying to legal it up a little bit.
I've got the Competition Werkes FE for my 06, I think its the best kit I've seen so far. It mounts just like the pic above, but is angled down a bit more, it has a hinge and a roller, when the rear suspension compresses, if it compresses far enough the roller ride's on your rear hugger, and "sprung" hinged plate hinges out of the way and then back in place. It also includes new rear signal lights that mount right in between those two holes on the "CBR" side brackets on the rumble kit, also a license plate light is included.

It's a really slick system, probably quite easy to hook up a servo and make it into an license plate flipper...... for when you go by the photo radar...... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

http://www.competitionwerkes.com/
http://estore.websitepros.com/1784228/Detail.bok?no=360

Check it out, I have heard that the licence plate light is a bit of a joke, and i guess maybe so could the signals.... but all bracketry is stainless steel (no rusting) and even if the lights are a bit of a joke, replace with rizzo's but still use the slick brackets with the kit

Just my .2

Old 10-05-2007, 11:16 PM

Yeah, a lot of people here swear by competition werkes... bikelitez also makes some pretty good ones.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:54 PM

I like the competition werks one, but its pretty simliar to what I already have. Mine is just the poor mans version. I would really like to get something that extends a little bit further back. I really like this one from bikelitez: http://209.61.143.180/ProductDetails...E&CartID=1 I just dont know if it will work with my jardine pipe.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:11 PM

I made my own for $0, I really dont see the point in an $80 bracket, i would post pictures but no camera right now.

it is seriously easy and yes, if you dont take your time it will be a haggard peice of sheet metal, not a fancy factory bracket, but the plate covers them both up just the same. it took me about 10 mins to make includeing finding the peice of scrap metal, and mabey another 10 to mount it becuase i had to find a good mounting point.

basically just take a peice of sheet metal, cut it down, drill some holes in it, find a bolt to attach it to and put it on (i found a bolt that is under the battery, i had the take to battery out and to unscrew it because the nut is tacket on) , then bend it to how you want it, (make sure it will not hit the back tire! have a fat guy sit on your bike and bouce to compress the suspension, I got a letter almost rubbed off because i didnt double check) For mine bending the plate bracket so it tilts in towards the bike works better because if it does touch it will hit the hugger not the tire it self. although this way is less visible. So far so good, no cops have said anything about it. *knocks on wood.

use your head and be creative.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

I made my own for $0, I really dont see the point in an $80 bracket, i would post pictures but no camera right now.

it is seriously easy and yes, if you dont take your time it will be a haggard peice of sheet metal, not a fancy factory bracket, but the plate covers them both up just the same. it took me about 10 mins to make includeing finding the peice of scrap metal, and mabey another 10 to mount it becuase i had to find a good mounting point.

basically just take a peice of sheet metal, cut it down, drill some holes in it, find a bolt to attach it to and put it on (i found a bolt that is under the battery, i had the take to battery out and to unscrew it because the nut is tacket on) , then bend it to how you want it, (make sure it will not hit the back tire! have a fat guy sit on your bike and bouce to compress the suspension, I got a letter almost rubbed off because i didnt double check) For mine bending the plate bracket so it tilts in towards the bike works better because if it does touch it will hit the hugger not the tire it self. although this way is less visible. So far so good, no cops have said anything about it. *knocks on wood.
use your head and be creative.
Fair enough.... but
the Comp Werks is Stainless steel (no rusting), hinged with a spring (no rubbing off letters, and plate goes back to normal if in fact you hit a big enough bump to bounce off the tire / hugger), Licence plate light (obvious, no tickets)

I can see where you would make one, but why not make one from stainless or aluminum, to eliminate the ugly rusting, also hinge it to have the break away feature?

just my .02

Old 10-12-2007, 04:41 PM

i got the comp werkz one i love it. im trying to mod it into a flipper too.. also im worried when my targa hugger comes in if it will scrape it up. because my stock hugger is all eaten because of the roller. and the tag light SUCKS lol mine doesnt work but thast because the kid who owned it before me sucked at life and wired it himself.