RR or F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RR or F4i?

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: bikermike

I am a new rider also.. Just bought my new orange 06 O mile RR three weeks ago. I loved the look of the RR more so than the F4i
This is exactly what I'm talking about and what many new riders suffer from...they just want what looks better rather what would be the better bike for a new rider...

Fret don't get me wrong but there are worst bikes to start off with. Personally I think overseas bikes like the NSR150 and the CBR400 would probably the best bikes to learn on. Light(er), nimble, not to fast, and handle pretty well but!!!!!!! When it really comes down to it they all have two wheels and the same rider on it whether it's Rebel or zx14.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:45 PM

Either one can get you killed. Always try to find comfort first. After you have seat time you can always try a different bike and let your body adjust or become comfortable over time when in a changed body postion.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:10 PM

I say get the RR if that's what you want. I got an 05 600RR as my first bike and am enjoying every minute of it. I'm about 5'8 280lbs and have adjusted nicely to the aggressive seating of the RR. I also took the MSF course a month after getting the bike. It seems like you will be respecting the bike so as long as you give respect to the power of the bike get the RR. After a few weeks of riding your confidence will build up and you'll be slowly pushing yourself and the bike to higher levels.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:31 AM

ORIGINAL: patas75

I say get the RR if that's what you want. I got an 05 600RR as my first bike and am enjoying every minute of it. I'm about 5'8 280lbs and have adjusted nicely to the aggressive seating of the RR. I also took the MSF course a month after getting the bike. It seems like you will be respecting the bike so as long as you give respect to the power of the bike get the RR. After a few weeks of riding your confidence will build up and you'll be slowly pushing yourself and the bike to higher levels.
Was that a mistype? 180??? Dang, you are a big boy!!

"This is exactly what I'm talking about and what many new riders suffer from...they just want what looks better rather what would be the better bike for a new rider... " Fret

And I sorta agree but I sorta don't...I for sure wouldn't buy a GSXR just cause they are SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo ugly!!

Couldn't do it....no sir

Old 03-16-2006, 02:51 AM

RR of course!

Old 03-16-2006, 03:56 AM

My 89 Hurricane guided me thru 25k miles and 8 long years of beginner riding before it said it was time to let it go and replace with my 03 RR.Im looking forward to have a full day out in the lanes.Learning and adapting.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:42 AM

I am getting ready to buy my 4th bike. I started out three years ago with a Honda 750 cruiser then stepped up to an 05 VTX1300 cruiser. Nothing better for long trips. Then I rode my dealer's 600rr last year. Got the itch for a sport bike. In November of 05 I bought a 2000 F4. Loved the bike but liked the looks of the 06 600rr. I knew after I came home from riding "Tail of the Dragon" Tailoftheddragon.com that I would be buying a new bike. Now I hate to say it but I stuffed my 2000 F4 in a corner on the Dragon and got bit!! I'm fine. Bad road rash on left knee and some sore joints. I'm not 20 or 30 or 35 okay damnit I'm 41. Anyhow I decided to get an rr. My dealer and friend put it to me this way. You have the cruiser for comfort and the rr for fun. If I was only going to have a sport bike I'd do the F4i for the comfort. An rr is going to be hard on you during a 5 hour trip. If your not going to do long rides goe for it. You can dump an F4i just as easy as an rr. Either way always wear leather, a helmet, and boots. all of mine saved my skin!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3699/10948F1C726F40989C5F6A86E11F9D54.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2006, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

ORIGINAL: bikermike

I am a new rider also.. Just bought my new orange 06 O mile RR three weeks ago. I loved the look of the RR more so than the F4i
This is exactly what I'm talking about and what many new riders suffer from...they just want what looks better rather what would be the better bike for a new rider...

I have no wish to start a Flame War with you on the same topic as last time...but all the tests that have been done comparing the F4I and the RR put the 2 running neck and neck with each other in performance..the RR has maybe 10 more HP and is a little lighter so how that makes it such an entirely different beast then the F4I is beyond me.

I understand your concern for a fellow riders well being but to say go spend 4 grand on an F4I and then ride a year or so and then trade up to a 600RR is just crazy an unrealistic in my opinion. Now if the dude had said something like " I just bought my first bike and its a liter bike!!!" Then I would be right there with ya in the concerned for their well being category but all the 600's are just to close to each other in overall performance including the F4I to say get this and then move up to an 600RR later. Not sure about everone else on this forum ...but I for sure don't have money to waste like that.... just my .02

Old 03-23-2006, 07:11 PM

go with the RR, last thing you want is to regret your decision.