RR or F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RR or F4i?

sent you pics of an 02 f4i i use to ride a gsxr 600 made my back hurt from leaning over so far and i got my f4i now i have no back pains so i would recommend the f4i unless you like to lean way over

Old 03-04-2006, 12:53 AM

Another guy on here is about 6'3 245 and bought the F4i over the RR for comfort reason adn is very pleased....

Old 03-14-2006, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Turboedsupe

I wouldnt waste your money unless you plan on going to the track. I got my 02 f4i with 5k miles for $4200 with 2 helemts and a jacket. Perfect starter and for me i knew i wouldnt be trying to go on a track anytime soon. Im going to be getting a 954 now thoug,. I have been riding it for 8 months now

Great all around bike, you can be a little more comfortable cause seating postion. And when your ready to step up you can still take it to the Track. That was WSB and AMA race bike 4 years ago so It can still handle with th rest of them.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM

I am a new rider also.. Just bought my new orange 06 O mile RR three weeks ago. I loved the look of the RR more so than the F4i either bike though is a great one. I rode my buddies F4i and i liked it but i wanted somethin that looked a little better so i went with the RR. As for speed its great but im not one of those newbs that goes out and tries to kill themselves. Ive only done the speed limit so far unitl i get the exp. Too many buddies lost for stupid reasons. As for ease of mods i put my own fender eliminator on and it looks good. Im gettin ready to put on an M2H pipe with P1 power tip. As for the price yeah the RR is a liitle more expensive but i thought its worth the price esp when i got a buddy that works for honda--got a great deal..
but whatever you choose let us know what ya got and how ya like it

Old 03-14-2006, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: bikermike

I am a new rider also.. Just bought my new orange 06 O mile RR three weeks ago. I loved the look of the RR more so than the F4i
This is exactly what I'm talking about and what many new riders suffer from...they just want what looks better rather what would be the better bike for a new rider...

Old 03-14-2006, 03:07 PM

The way i looked into theres not a lot of diff between the bikes like what has been said all thru this subject so i dug some more into my research before i got it and if im gonna pay my hard earned dollars i want a bike i can enjoy and like the looks of cuz y would i ride a bike i didnt like and pay all that money for only to trade it off in a couple years for the same sized bike but looks a little different. i know even as a new guy its not a whole lot with the looks of the bike its about the ride. And i may be a new guy at this but at least i have a good head on my shoulders like i said on my other post... i dont mean to start anything i love sport bikers. Ive wanted to be one for years i respect you guys and my bike. and ill be the first to admit its a lot of bike even a 600 for a first bike but as long as you ease into it and take it easy and gain experience.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: bikermike

The way i looked into theres not a lot of diff between the bikes like what has been said all thru this subject
You've obviously only read the replies that support your belief that there's no difference between an RR and an F4i...

Old 03-14-2006, 03:58 PM

I said theres not a lot of diff not no diff. i know theres gonna be differences between a race replica bike and an F4i. But if u read thru my post thats not the only reason y i chose the rr over the f4i. But i respect that your heart is set where it is its guys like you that can help people out an know what to say to the new guy before he gets his bike. U know what your talkin about. I bet your a good guy to ride with..maybe someday ill be able to ride with ya and maybe you can see where im comin from.. til then man take care and ill take it easy with my bike.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:08 PM

Don't worry mike, I was just using what you wrote as an example, not trying to make an example out of you.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:26 PM

So anyway, now that were back on the subject, heres the best of both worlds..... get the rr since thats what you want, and buy some raised clip ons so that way you have the rr and the clip on height and comfort of the f4i (comfort that ive been told about cuz ive never been on one, think theyre ugly). Hell maybe i'll do the same thing. Back sumtimes can bother you a little when your on for a longggg time. Sumtimes I would just lay my upper body on the tank and then id b fine. Either way just learn slowly, take your time and dont rush. Ride like you cant be seen, expect drivers to not see you so you can b prepared IF anything for whatever reason goes wrong, and last, just dont break the law and youll be fine! see ya...