For real (eperienced) racers only Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For real (eperienced) racers only Please

+1 just get to the stock setting because drag setting are totally different than track settings. If you have the time run up here to Omaha, Nebraska. I know of a few guys that would work on your bike and set it to your specific riding style and weight. They did it to my F3 and 929 and it made a world of difference. It only took a few hours to do it thats with all of us b*ll****ting in the gargage around the bikes.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

changeeeeeeeeeeee zeeeeeeeeee fork oil.....riders may not change it very often, but hardcore mawfakis who carve and get down and don't go straight should change theirs every season...but starbucks and others don't have to..

drag dude shouldn't work on your bike though...send them badboys away...they shouldn't be bent...maybe just feel like it...unless you bought used?!?!?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:02 PM

Well he had no time to go any futher with the suspension issue so I got the bike back and I'm waitin to send them out just before summer, winter finally hit today and there will be no leanin over till may, I find that in the cold and snow it is a tiny bit safer to keep the bike straight up and down if you know what I mean. Thanks for all the help guys. I am glad however that somone else said the forks suck, thot I was loosing what little ability I had to ride. Well now its time to put the nose to the grind stone and save up a million dollars so I can get out on the track and find out what sport bikes are all about.

TRACKADDIX? never heard of it looked on web but didn't find anything specific, you got a web site about this.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:36 PM

http://trackaddix.com/

Old 12-20-2006, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: NotSoMellowYellow

I am glad however that somone else said the forks suck, thot I was loosing what little ability I had to ride. Well now its time to put the nose to the grind stone and save up a million dollars so I can get out on the track and find out what sport bikes are all about.
Don't forget to educate yourself and read those books Jason recommended, because it sounds like you're satisfied that someone else agreed that the suspension is a problem and that's all you're going to do...I still believe the suspension was only a minor issue and this is based on the things you wrote which in some cases make no sense at all, or are just plain wrong!

I hope you're not the kind of guy who thinks his skills don't need any improvement and will blame the motorcycle anytime there's s problem (like blaming the suspension or tires when you caused the incident)...I'm confident to write that you are not on that level of riding yet and probably never will be (noram I).

Old 12-20-2006, 03:34 PM

yea fret is right...develop yoself before you go busting up on the bike...unless something is seriously wrong. some of them books recommended can be a bit challenging to read...make sure you have lots of water with you cause some parts are dry as a bone!

i'm the slowest rider ever but i didn't get my stuff thugged out until i knew the ins and outs of my bike...then wondered why i'm so slow...and someone pointed out my suspension was bottoming out in the turns, and blah blah blah...and it was limiting me...not my ability to ride slow limiting me...so after i got that swapped...i'm slower but not slowest.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:32 PM

Mellow if your colorblind someone can also tell youyour bikeis blue but that don't make it so. Take it as you will but start small. If you got money to **** awayknock yoself out. You can put an full Ohlins, Fox,or Racetechset front and rearbut still have the same problem. A real expensive set up with a rider that can't handle it. I'm justsayingto keep you from getting ripped off and spending money you don't need to. Motul fork oil is realitivly cheap (compared to suspension components) and easy to change with the right tools. With the money you save by keeping it simple you can throw it down on a good set of leathers. Then correct whatever problems that still exsist at the track.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:14 PM

aya...well said mang...well said...

Old 12-20-2006, 07:33 PM

Thanks for all the help guys of course I am getting several second opions before I do anything, I just wanted to know if I was the entire problem or if I had a real issue. About the books read several and still looking for more I am fully aware that the learning only stops when you are to old to get back on the bike. Winter is here for me any way. Soon snow and the dam sand, now there is a real heart stoper. Winter time is like riding in the desert here more sand than snow somtimes. Any way remember the only way to winterize your bike is to get a thick jacket, spikes on your boots, filler up and head out.