Leather race suits

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather race suits

Anyone know a good place to find these, found some close out alpine stars but I was wanting a little more choice in color, I prefer black and yellow, yes I know I'm gay but I need to be color cordinated so I can pick up all the guys at the track and get free help and info. LOL...I'm not gay..not that ther's anything wrong with that...however the price of these suits I mite have to start sucking a little D*&K to get the money. I want a cheap one to get started then when I become a track ***** I will look into the real deal. and with my suspension issue if I wheck the bike after buying a 1300.00 suit I would be pissed if I couldn't ride again. Then I'd just have a 1300.oo dust collector.
Also I have an Icon Leather jacket. was thinking about just getting some real armor put in it and finding some race pants to go with it. Any comments about that, or is this against the normal regulations?

Old 12-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Default RE: Leather race suits

Check out http://www.helmetharbor.com/. It's where I get most of my protective gear. Pretty good prices, they have a large selection and thier customer service is exceptional. You can call them up and they'll help you figure out sizing if needed. Plus, a lot of the staff are racers so they test out most of the stuff they sell and have written reviews.

As far as one piece vs two piece suits, it all depends on the race organization; some will allow two piece suits. However, I don't recommend a two piece suit since there is a chance that the two pieces will separate in a crash. A friend of mine got rashed pretty good on his ribs when his two piece suit came apart.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:52 AM

ORIGINAL: NotSoMellowYellow

yes I know I'm gay but I need to be color cordinated
so i guess rainbow leathers are out of the question?

Old 12-19-2006, 12:15 PM

I just bought a 1-pc A* Stage from MRI for $475 shipped.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:24 PM

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=317624

A link from SBN on AGV Leathers. (edit: I hope this is ok?)

Good price, quality suit. If you read thru the post, you'll see that someone actually crashed while wearing this suit and has a good write up about how well the suit held up. Not sure about yellow, but you can't go wrong with all black. Besides... being a guy, you WILL look gay as hell in a yellow suit! [sm=trust_me.gif] hahaha! j/k man

Old 12-19-2006, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: NotSoMellowYellow

[align=left]I want a cheap one to get started then when I become a track ***** I will look into the real deal. and with my suspension issue if I wheck the bike after buying a 1300.00 suit I would be pissed if I couldn't ride again. Then I'd just have a 1300.oo dust collector.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]This philosophy makes absolutely no sense at all to me...do you want a cheap suit that's going to tear at the seams giving you a good dose of road rash, or have cheap armor allowing your bones to come in contact hard with the tarmac? Judging from your suspension thread and this one, your priorities are backwards...I suppose you want a cheap helmet for the track too, aye?[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]To stop slamming on you and answer your question, a good suit at a low priceis the MotoGP brand suits and you can get them for well under 1000 dollars (under 800 from a person I trust, give me a PM if interested)...I don't want to step on any site sponsor toes, but you can get them cheap from just about anywhere and I know a few people who race in them and love them![/align]

Old 12-20-2006, 12:44 AM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

I just bought a 1-pc A* Stage from MRI for $475 shipped.
that is great price for great suit...
I ride on a Moto GP also...they don't fit as snug as A* though on certain places...
Before you make a decision you really need to try them on because the fitting varies alot even they are same brand...
and you'll also need boots and back protectors...

Old 12-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not so...Kobe X-pro, 1pc. from "1888fastlap. com" 1.7mm, comes in yellow too. I love my Kobe leather. Register... get a "deep discount", way below retail. tell'm ,Ripp'n sent you. 1-888-fastlap, is the phone# too. Iv'e bought thousands of retail dollars from them, for WAY less,W/ "deep disc.". great sevice. Oh, "loud gear, save lives" !!!!!!!! Relax, have fun!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 12-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd prefer a kobe tai...muahahha...

www.motorcyclecloseouts.com

if you go with roo suit...just remember it don't stretch out as much as cow hide.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:56 PM

This philosophy makes absolutely no sense at all to me...do you want a cheap suit that's going to tear at the seams giving you a good dose of road rash, or have cheap armor allowing your bones to come in contact hard with the tarmac? Judging from your suspension thread and this one, your priorities are backwards...I suppose you want a cheap helmet for the track too, aye?[/align]
Slow down on the caffine dude, I am just wanting to get started at a good price there is no reason I can't find a great suit for a good deal and stay alive instead of spending 3 gs on an all out GP race suit for my first time out. Like I said I will upgrade but If I decide it's not for me or if I just damage my bike I don't want $50,000 put into a one day track deal,
And no my helmet is one of the best (I Believe)and it didn't cost 6 or 7 hundred like aSHOEI
I do appreciate your concern, however I am not a complete moron, I do want safty but at a good price, which is the reason for the post. I am looking for more constructive answers from every one like this suit comes with crap padding but can be replaced with better padding, so it is cheaper to go this way, or this grade and thickness of leather is a little better but for this price you can get another one that is the same quality just a no name brand and so on.
Bye the way if you can find me a rainbow one cheap enough I'll wear it. I think I'm gona go with the Kobe though it looks pretty cool and seems to be enough to get started with. However I got some time to look, maybe a fat guy 6'1 220 pounds with all of the sudden decide to sell a good one, they are leather and leather shoes are better after they are broken in, used is fine with me as long as he didn't have a flatulence problem. lol.