Questions on buying wrecked bike *PICS ADDED*

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on buying wrecked bike *PICS ADDED*

Its a 06 honda CBR 600RR. The rear wheel is bent and and said that the forks might be bent. He said he took it to a bike shop near his house and they quoted him on everyting new and it came to 2000.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/440185538.html

Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Default RE: Questions on buying wrecked bike

be careful dude... i bought a stolen salv. bike and seemed like a good bike at first glance and even test drove it around a few miles.

then after a week i noticed a engine oil leak and the bike was running hot.

ended up having to do some major work on the radiator cuz the cap wasn't sealing right and also had to drop the engine and put another one in. but actually got the people i bought it from to pay for half. and i did all the work myself otherwise i would of been inthe hole alot of money.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 AM

He has the recipts for having it checked over by a proffesional shop so i feel better after him doing that. My concern is the frame being bent becuase i cant ride it untill a new wheel is put on the back.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:48 PM

if you would look these over i would appreciate it.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 PM

makes me queezey, i have the same bike...

Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 PM

lol, would you say 2500 would be a fair price for this?

Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 AM

I was looking at a salvage bike when I first got my license a while back but then I found out someone got killed on it. It doesn't make much sense but that just didn't sit well with me at all. Never looked at another salvage bike again.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 AM

Yeah i can see how that could affect someone, i wouldnt want a bike that someone has died on either. This bike has had one owner who paid in full for it brand new back in 06. He is about back to 100% too which is good. He was driveing down the highway and hit some gravel then experinced tank slap and went down.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: paticakeman

Yeah i can see how that could affect someone, i wouldnt want a bike that someone has died on either. This bike has had one owner who paid in full for it brand new back in 06. He is about back to 100% too which is good. He was driveing down the highway and hit some gravel then experinced tank slap and went down.
If he's the original owner, it should be ok. Me and my bud looked at a Zx-6 a while back that was on a second owner at 2300miles. It was downed by the original owner but the second owner didn't know anything about what was fixed and the fairings were all still cracked. Crazy.

Did he get an estimate for repairing all the damage? The bike doesn't look too bad, but it will take some time and money. Start low and see what he's willing to do. IMO IMO IMO I'd say 2000-2500. That back wheel looks funky...

Old 10-11-2007, 12:24 PM

He said he took it to a local shop and the quoted him on 2k in damages. I was going to try and get him down to 2000 is that pretty fair or am i lowballing him??

I am a car mechanic and dont really have much experiance with bike so im looking for something i can do a little work on but nothing major and this doesnt seem to major.

Quick Reply: Questions on buying wrecked bike *PICS ADDED*