A question everyone can answer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A question everyone can answer!

I had it tough!!! My whole life it was no bikes due to the fact i was named after my mothers brother (my uncle duh) who had died on his bike when my mother was 19 (he was about 22). I decided i wanted one when i was about 16 and the word was if i got one, i found a new place to live. I talked with my parents constantly about it and went forward with it in a responsible manner IMO. I took the MSF course before hand and told my parent i was shopping around for one. I'd go to scope out bikes constantly and finally one day sat down and bought my 06 CBR, and had it delivered and insured before either of them knew about it. My mom ended up finding out from our insurance lady leaving her a message on her cell asking for a work number, they were going to fax over an insurance card. Either way they've learned to accept it, neither of them are really enthused about it, but after my expainations and their understanding of my choices to do it properly (msf course and gear and all) they aren't extremly upset anymore. My father did go a few days without talking to me tho..... oh im only 20 now btw

Old 12-06-2007, 06:44 PM

whoops

Old 12-07-2007, 10:23 AM

Wow, so many different stories!
Im glad everyones parents got passed it, hopefully mine will too!
Do they have any big rides for sport bikes?
I know , the Jeeps have MOAB, But what do yall have?
Maybe we can have a sport bike ride?..lol

Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM

ha....a question ii can surely answer!! U wanna hear bad?!! where 2 begin...well wen ii 1st told them ii was goin to buy one they just looked at me wit "that eye"..the eye almost every concerned parent gives their child for any reason in the world. the sameeye somewat pertaining to "im gonna woop ur *** wit da belt if u do" look you got wen u were younger.anywayz...ii proceeded 2 buy 1, brought it home n wen my mom saw it in the drive way, she stood at the front door wit ablank face...and tried as she cud to keep the tears from fallin down the face. but then shejust slammed the door..so ii followed. went intomy parents room and sawthat she was cryin hysterically! wen ii saw that ii was like damn...ii made my only mother cry over sum dumb ****(xcuse my french)...meanwhile my dad at the same time with an aggressive tone says "iim not payin for insurrance and or your medical bills if u get hurt" and walked away..ii pretty much felt like **** for buying it! but as the days progressed theykinda got over it..wenever ii saw my mom in the house she simply said "so, wen u gonna sell the bike" but ii just ignored her...mind u, all this took place bak in Julyish-August.
so let me cont by sayin ii got into sum crazy *** trouble b4 ii went bak 2 skool and they were likeas a consequence "U MUST SELL IT" or MOVE OUT...but the way ii saw it was that they cant make me sell it cuz I bought it!! it wud b diff if they themselves bought it n were like well we must sell it as punishment. then ii wud fully agree 2 selling. anywayz we havnt gotten around 2 sellng it yet cuz ive been away @ skool butaround xmas break they want me 2 come home n take care of it...this is 1 reason i i havnt really posted anything on the forums..ii have nothing 2 talk about xcept for the fact that ii miss my babii...its gonna b hard 2 part with
<<<<<that right thea(avatar pic)!!!

so.......does dat answer ur q?

Old 12-07-2007, 05:28 PM

^^^Damn[sm=smiley35.gif]Dont sell!!! MOVE OUT!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 PM

My dad is mad that I wont let him ride it. lol

Old 12-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Earlier tonight, I found out my dad actually likes my bike instead of just thinking of it as my mistake. I went to my parents house to replace my air filter (dad has a "true" mechanics garage) and he came out, intrigued on how compact and organized everything was underneath the fairings. He was also impressed with the way the air box was setup as well. First time he actually gave the bike a serious look over instead of viewing it as a toy.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: morganw

My dad is mad that I wont let him ride it. lol
My Dad wanted to ride my firstbike. He promptly ran it into the side of the house. No damage to the bike or house, never got on one again (I sure wouldn't let him on mine again!!)

Old 12-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered Users

They didnt say too much it was easier to except the bike more then medeploying to iraq and afghanistan

Old 12-08-2007, 06:31 PM

I kept saying I was going to get one for like a year and I dont think anyone thought I was serious. Then I moved to Florida, about 1000 miles away, and got one. They had no idea and I knew they would freak out so I waited. I knew my mom was coming down to go to one of her friend's weddings and when she stopped by here I was like 'oh wanna see what else I got??" and took her outside and showed her it. It was a pretty big shock I think but I already had about 1000 miles on it and took the MSF course before I even said anything.

But they know I'm repsonsible and wont do anything dumb when riding, I just had to remind my parents of that. A lot of sportbike riders give us a bad name when people see someone swerving in and out of traffic at like 120mph, but they know I dont do that stuff.

So now they even ask how the bike is and if I went for a ride, never thought that would happen. I think it also has to do with age... I graduated college, live on my own, and know what happens when people act like idiots in cars or bikes.

Quick Reply: A question everyone can answer!