A question everyone can answer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A question everyone can answer!

i showed up at my house on a honda shadow 500 w/ a permit and insurance in my hands. my mom loved the bike and was excited(she used to ride back in the day) my wife called and up'd my life insurance policy, then she was fine w/ it as well

Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM

well dad is cool with it... he could care less as long as I wear gear. He is really impressed with the gear that they have out now a days.

Mom was a bit nervous but found out that our insurance agent rides a bike with his son (both have Gixxers [&:]). Not thrilled that I got a bike but not mad about it.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:25 PM

My brother had his bike for about a year before I got mine. We have loved sportscars/ sportbikes ever since I remember. We are finally financially secure enough to be able to afford them as "toys" My parents were getting used to the idea, until he had his acident, just 3 monts before I was set to getting my bike.

They were'nt thrilled, but they understand we are responsible adults now, and respect the fact that we have a good level head on our shoulders. The fact that Oreo is (hell bent on) getting back on the bike, although delaying it a little bit out of respet for his wife's sanity also spoke volumes about our love for the sport (we are both motorsports/ powersports junkies)

Mom had already seen the gear I got (bought it long before the bike) so as long as I wear my gear (I always do) it makes her feel better.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 PM

my mother says that she prays daily that when i get into an accident, i die quickly and not get maimed...so it would be fair to say that she does not think too highly of motorcycles.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

First day on kindegarden was on the back of my dads harley. The only thing that hes pissed about is the fact that I can smoke him!!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 PM

Well I got my first bike at age 5 and i raced dirt till23so I think my mom and dad are cool with it. I guess I do not care I am 35 now so I guess it is a little out of their hands. I have been ridding bikes for ever so when I got the wing thye loved it and still do. I do not think they like the 954 because it is too fast and they know me and do not want to see me hurt they are still mom and dad so you know.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 AM

First time I told my parents I wanted a bike I was 19, just graduated from highschool and they were paying for my college. Their response was as long as I'm living in their house, and they are paying for my college, I can't have one... At that time school is more important than a bike.

I have just recently bought a bike with them knowing about it. They are not happy about it, but they did not try to stop me. Hell... my dad even loves riding the bike, but I always get the lecture when I go out to be safe and watch out for everyone.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:26 AM

My dad has always owned a bike, he never road much but he got his first bike when he was a kid and always had something to ride occasionally. When I was 12 I wanted a motorcycle but I wanted to ride on pavement rather than dirt so my parents let me get a little dual sport (worked my *** off mowing lawns to get the $$$). My mom was never a fan of motorcycles but my dad didn't have a problem with it. The POS dual sport never really ran right so I only road it a couple hundred miles over the next 4 or 5 years, mostly just up and down the roads in my neighborhood. Once I turned 15 and was looking toward getting my drivers license, I started wanting a street bike, but my mom didn't want that to happen. They were going to buy me a cheap car when I got my license, but to keep me from buying a bike they bought me an 01 Jeep Wrangler (in 03), so I agreed to hold off on the bike. That was Christmas of 03 and by Feb '04 I had talked them into letting me buy the bike lol. My mom obviously wasn't exactly excited but respected that I had made the decision and was responsible enough to not do anything too stupid, and they could see it wasn't just a whim.

(that was the easy part)

In '05 (I was 17), I decided I wanted to do a trackday, now that was a tough one to talk them into. My dad was kinda excited again, but my mom was terrified. My dad and I made the trip to Birmingham (Barber) and my mom came out on Sunday, just in time to see my first crash! They were watching from the control building and had a perfect view. It was just a lowside but my mom freaked out and screamed (not too loud but enough to freak everybody around here out). It was just an easy lowside but she went nuts.
actually she got the crash on video (youtube link)
Ya'll should have seen her face when I mentioned that I was signing up for the next trackday there! She came to that one two and watched as some guy locked up his rear wheel and t-boned me on his way off the track at well over 100mph! That one came with a couple broken bones and a badly damaged bike. A couple weeks later I was planning the next years trackdays (as you can imagine, that one didn't go over so well either). I did a good bit of trackdays in '06 without too much more bad luck. Then it was time to break the news that I was going to start racing in '07! lol. My dad helped me out at all but one race this year and had a great time, and my mom came to most of the races but she literally sits in the trailer while I'm on the track praying lol. They're both my biggest supporters in all this, my mom is still nervous when I go on the track but she has gotten a lot more calm when I crash (she had to give the ambulance driver directions to the hospital when I crashed in Oct at Road Atlanta lol; she couldn't form a complete sentance for an hour after that first crash back in '05)

My mom won't ride a bike herself (I tried to teach her to ride my Ruckus pit bike all year but she wouldn't do it) but she's gotten used to the idea of me riding even though it is obiously dangerous. She still gets really nervous when I do a trackday without my dad there and calls me 5 times during the day to make sure I'm alright lol.

My dad loves every minute of it, he's always beena cruiser guy but has really gotten into helping me and has started riding on the street more. I never did the sports thing in high school like my brother did so this is his tailgating I guess.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 PM

a little after turning 16 out of no where i wanted a bike more than anything. i told my mom and she laughed at me saying i could not afford one. a year latter i had 1. at the time i had a 15 hour a week job. i quit it the next week started working 40 hours a week after school. bought a car bought a bike.

a month or 2 before i got one she was like your not getting one. so i told her how i been saving for a year for it and she knew and never told me that. well i conviced her easly. her fiance been riding for years and now she is getting one in a few months.

my dad dint like the idea. but now he wants me to teach him to ride lol.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:12 PM

My folks told me that I was out of the house if I got one. I did get my license and went to a rider's course without telling them. I started dating a girl that rode and she kept her bike at my place and it started to grow on my folks because I didn't ask for the car all the time...
Now, they can't imagine me without one...

Quick Reply: A question everyone can answer!