Power increase?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power increase?

Hey guys. I'm sorta new to the scene and haven't really had much time to research information on mods and stuff for a 05' 600rr but I was wondering what are some simple, quick, easy ways to boost my power? Does a K&N air filter make a huge difference? Also, I'm looking for something deeper sounding than my stock exhaust. Are there any such things as computer chips for motorcycles? Let's just say that I'm looking to spend just under the 4 digit $$. Of course, cheaper price is good, but I'm just looking for some easy upgrades and performance boost. Thanks....

Old 12-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Default RE: Power increase?

I hear K&N air filters don't make a difference. Stay Stock

Old 12-16-2005, 05:58 PM

I just got a K&N for my RR have not installed yet but on my atv you could tell a differance. I put one in my Suzuki 1400 Intruder let my dad ride it he could not be leave the differance. I put the K&N cold air intake on my 2004 F-150 you can tell the differance. I have a K&N in just about everything that I own well worth the $$$[sm=gears.gif]

Old 12-16-2005, 06:56 PM

power commander, put a pipe on it best Bang for you're buck is going to be gearing change you're sprockets

Old 12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So ya want a little more power, eh? Hmmmm, for 1G you should be able to: 2Bros Carbon Fiber Slip on, PCIII, K&N, and maybe enough left over to convert to a 520 chain (-1, +2 seems to be gearing of choice for the 600's) and stainless brake lines.

See Limpy at Apex when ya make up your mind -- he'll do you right. Oh, he's a site sponsor also

So is your right hand gonna be able to handle all that extra power? The very best mod on any bike is improving the rider ... just a thought.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

So is your right hand gonna be able to handle all that extra power? The very best mod on any bike is improving the rider ... just a thought.

Great statement. I got my 600RR this summer and I thought I needed a bunch of stuff for it. I did take the MSF class but that didn't do much for experience with my bike. It took a few months to get use to the power our bikes have already. I just can't see needing more, the damn things go so fast already......

Old 12-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 04CBR600RR

I just got a K&N for my RR have not installed yet but on my atv you could tell a differance. I put one in my Suzuki 1400 Intruder let my dad ride it he could not be leave the differance. I put the K&N cold air intake on my 2004 F-150 you can tell the differance. I have a K&N in just about everything that I own well worth the $$$[sm=gears.gif]
It could also mean those vehicles came with more restrictive filters then he stock 600RR filter. I also keep hearing the K&N doesn't do much for our bikes. Of course if you plan on keeping it through many air filter changes then it might be worth it because it can cleaned and reused.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:52 PM

Sweet thanks guys. I was thinking of putting a Hindle exhuast instead of a 2 Bros. Is 2 Bros better than Yoshi and Hindle or Akropovic (however you spell it)?? I do want a full exhaust, headers and all on my bike, but those are over $1k I've seen. And power commander, what exactly does that do and is it all easy to install? I do have a friend that can help me, but if I can learn it on my own, that'd be even better.....

Old 12-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Retired Mod

the power commander is really easy to install. and definately the first thing that i would install to increase performace. get the pc3usb and you can download maps from dynojet and install them directly to your bike. check it out. www.powercommander.com

Old 12-18-2005, 09:02 PM

if your droppin the money, get an akrapovic or an arata...i have a cf yoshi and i love it. low sound, and looks great with my black bike

Quick Reply: Power increase?