please HELP!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please HELP!

Last fall i dumped my05 cbr600rrand hit a telephone poll. Wasn't the worst amount of damage mostly cosmetic. But did have to replace ecu, air box, gas tank, and top fuel rail, and a few injector plugs off the harness. Anyway worked on it over the winter and got it all back together except for the plastics, the bike fired right up like nothing had happened. I rode it a few times down the road nothng major just about a mile and back. Everything seemed great no stutters or hesitations and it pulled great. So next thing to do was put on my plastics and i was good to go. So i put on all the plastics and was ready to ride and the bike all of a sudden won't start. it turns over and sounds healthy but just wont fire up, basically its seemed like there was no spark. After riding it i only unplugged the gauge cluster, and the two( grey and white large plugs on the left side of the bike) plugs so i could remove the front cowling. I did not disconnect the battery when doing this though.Could i have some how shorted my ECU? I have no idea what has happed and i'mextremely frustrated. Any inputorideas would begreatly appreciated at this point. I hve not checked my plugsyetdue to the fact thatthey are a bitch to get to. thanks in advance

Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Default RE: please HELP!

battery dead from sitting?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:20 PM

Check the battery... but if it cranks over good and strong, I would double check that you plugged everything back in really well (that you had to unplug to get the plastics on). Not sure what these two grey and white plugs go too... just make sure there's no dirt or corrosion in them, or near the cluster that would cause a bad connection. It's either something has come unplugged, isn't connecting well anymore, could be your kill switch being on "off" (simple, I know, but it happens), or could be that the bike isn't in neutral and the kickstand switch won't let it fire up. (I know mine won't with the kickstand down, even if I pull in the clutch, unless it's in neutral)

Old 05-27-2008, 02:31 PM

well i'm getting closer to figuring it out. I just realized i can't hear the fuel pump turning on when i turn the key.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:18 PM

Check the kill switch, make sure the kickstand switch isn't malfunctioning, double check all your plugs that you plugged in to make sure they're making good contact.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:21 PM

if it was the kill switch it wouldn't even turn over correct?

Old 05-28-2008, 12:37 AM

if it is either of these switches it will be the kill switch. the fuel pump wont kick on or anything with it engaged. the bike will attemp to start but just turn over forever. the day i brought my bike home it was in the back of my truck pulled it down and i couldnt get the damn thing to start for ten mins felt really stupid when it was the kill switch.

Search this Thread