Ordered my DDMTuning 8000k HID kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh man, very very nice. Thanks 04CBR

Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 AM

I also noticed you don't have the middle running light set up for HID - Can't tell if you do or not Fenatic from those pics the headlights are so bright!!

Do those lights not usually come in the kits?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nate i bought them from DDMtuning. Thr bulb type is H7 and i got the 35watt 6ks. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

As far as placement goes i think i have a picture laying around. Ill look in the morning for ya.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I also noticed you don't have the middle running light set up for HID - Can't tell if you do or not Fenatic from those pics the headlights are so bright!!

Do those lights not usually come in the kits?
No they dont come with them and mine is stock still I think you can convert it to led though and it will almost be a perfect match.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Thanks Fenatic - and bout damn time haha

Don't suppose you know where on the site they offer the middle running light or what type it is? Or anyone else for that matter.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Thanks Fenatic - and bout damn time haha

Don't suppose you know where on the site they offer the middle running light or what type it is? Or anyone else for that matter.

The stock middle running light is like an orangy color. I bought a replacement xenon bulb that matches much better to the 6ks from the dealership part's department. It was under $15 and it looks so much better.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by 04_CBR_600rr
The stock middle running light is like an orangy color. I bought a replacement xenon bulb that matches much better to the 6ks from the dealership part's department. It was under $15 and it looks so much better.
Ill have to look into this. Thanks

Nate- I cant find a photo and im not about to go rip my fairing off to take a picture. Not that i dont like you but i dont want the headache of taking the faring off. (Youll see what i mean soon enough) haha

I mounted mine right along the frame where it wont touch while turning the bars side to side. Youll figure it out

Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Ill have to look into this. Thanks

Nate- I cant find a photo and im not about to go rip my fairing off to take a picture. Not that i dont like you but i dont want the headache of taking the faring off. (Youll see what i mean soon enough) haha

I mounted mine right along the frame where it wont touch while turning the bars side to side. Youll figure it out
Talk about headache. Just got finished putting my fairings back together today.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:46 PM

Hahah you guys are not inspiring confidence here!!

I ordered another LED light for the middle daytime running section. We'll see how it goes. I'll get some pictures up once I get it all done.

That's ok on the pics Fenatic, I will forgive you for not tearing the bike apart again for photos.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 PM

If your doing the 2 balast setup like I did then you can fit one of the ballsts under the headlight housing, actually now that I think about it any 07 or newer won't have the space that my 06 had between the air intake ducts, but for the 2nd ballast I just removed the tool kit box on the right side of the bike (just under the fairing) and mounted it in that spot. It was also helpful that the previous owner lost the tool kit so that was just empty space anyways...LOL

Here's a crappy pic of my 35w 6k's
Name:  013.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  74.5 KB

Quick Reply: Ordered my DDMTuning 8000k HID kit!!!