Once and for all

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Once and for all

Slip on or Full System????

Road riding only...want to bring up lower rpm hp (torque)...$$$ is not the issue simply results.....thanks!

Old 11-29-2005, 02:04 AM
Default RE: Once and for all

There are dyno charts all over the place for slip on and full systems for every manufacturer around. If money isn't an issue, why dont you just get a 1000? Or if you're all about low end torque check out a twin.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:20 AM

full arata ti with custom mapped pcIII, enough said........

Old 11-29-2005, 05:45 AM

ORIGINAL: clemson725

There are dyno charts all over the place for slip on and full systems for every manufacturer around. If money isn't an issue, why dont you just get a 1000? Or if you're all about low end torque check out a twin.
good call...I had an epiphany tonight

Old 11-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjbettis
good call...I had an epiphany tonight
Well don't forget your depends

A full race system will usually make a bike not real pleasant to ride in traffic around town. A slip on and PCIII will give you a much more rideable bike. Now remember, I'm the guy who rode a 300+ RWHP Busa for 3 1/2 years. After a while herky-jerky gets old and you buy a smooth-as-silk 1000RR.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:36 AM

Are they that bad f/s? cause i was considering it in the future too. Even setup on a dyno?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Retired Administrator

Why would you pay that much for something that will cause you to lose your low-end torque? I know I’m not going with a f/s… just researching the slip-on.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM

Hey Don King....when you find dynos or info on the various slip-ons will you post them??? Thanks.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Why would you pay that much for something that will cause you to lose your low-end torque? I know I’m not going with a f/s… just researching the slip-on.

Are you saying full systems cause you to lose low end torque?

Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Retired Administrator

Sorry CJ, I never meant to lead anyone to believe I have dyno charts and facts. I’ve read several different articles and see a consistent hint that you loose torque/hp at the lower RPM range. Here?s a quote from the article I?m linking ?From 2,500 to 3,500rpm the trendy dip in power has been reversed?. He?s saying that the newer Arata titanium system installed on the test 600RR doesn?t see the trendy (normal or common) power dip. I was mostly asking… I’ve read that with a full system, you pay a lot of money for a possible 10 hp gain at max rpm and suffer a little on the lower end. Most of us here do normal street riding and stay a little shy of the red line on daily rides. If I installed a full system, the only time I’d see the difference is when I’m messing with my cruiser buddies on a straight. Other than that, I’m normally below the 10k line on rpm so I’ll never see 10 hp gains. I’d be in the range where I’d see 5 hp gains, the same you get with a slip-on so why pay out the extra $500+?

This is all based on reading articles… if anyone has dyno charts or other articles, please post them.

600RRJOE.... I'm saying I've read they do cause a slight drop in low end torque, and I'll never see the advantage of 10hp because I don't run my bike near red line often. I think for the money... I'd see the same results with a slip-on and achieve the sound advantage.