Now What?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now What?

I am going to be installing a slip on exhaust on my 2005 600RR and was wondering if there is anything i need to do to my bike once I get the slip on installed? Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanx!!

Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Now What?

With your bike being fuel injected, a slip on will not absolutely require any other changes. I have a Jardine slip on, and haven't done anything else so far concerned with the exhaust. I have noticed the bike runs a bit richer than it did, I've also heard that it can lead to plugs fouling a little sooner than normal. A power commander chip is a good idea with a slip on, I wil be grabbing one at some point, but like i said it isnt necessary unless you experience problems.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:39 PM

I will be putting one on soon to. Is the power commander a must at sometime or would it be ok to have just the exhaust and never get the commander???

Old 08-03-2005, 09:14 PM

you don't need a powercommander for a slip on. there a must if you run a full system though. its really easy to put it on yourself, i just did my yoshi a few weeks ago, hardest part is getting the tail plastic off, don't be afraid to bend it...it can take a little here and there

Old 08-03-2005, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: dballer324

you don't need a powercommander for a slip on. there a must if you run a full system though. its really easy to put it on yourself, i just did my yoshi a few weeks ago, hardest part is getting the tail plastic off, don't be afraid to bend it...it can take a little here and there

I just put on a fender eliminator kit and had to take the tail section off to do that. If that is the hardest part of the install then I should be able to do it just fine. How does the Yoshi muffler mount up under the tail section.

Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 PM

Well I will be installing the Hotbobies Racing undertail exhaust system so from what you guys say looks like the hardest part of the istall is the plastics of the tail section, and the power commandor thing confuses me as well. I have done some reading on them and they seen to only have just a few premapped setting, so how hard is it to get one custom mapped?