NOT A BEGINNER BIKE AT ALL

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NOT A BEGINNER BIKE AT ALL

I wouldn't say its not a beginner bike, but a bike that will require some skill learning and respect. I know people and myself included that started out on a 600 and did just fine. There are those that can and those that can't. I learned especially after coming off a cruiser in a matter of minutes. Within days I was poppin wheelies on my R6. But I just didn't like the 600s size. The liter bikes fit better to me. And I love my 1000RR its just better all around, ergos, power, comfort.

I am sticking to the 1000s I have my eye set on the new GSXR 1000 black and orange. Adding to the stable not replacing. Nothing will ever replace my CBR1000RR unless its a newer better CBR1000RR.

Just keep at it and you will get it. Just take things slow and it will come in time. No your limits and don't go beyond it for awhile.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:09 AM

thanx for sharing your experience man....good luck with your practices...find some ppl around u who can advise u more about riding...and most of all..... ENJOY the ride...

Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 AM

good post. i think everyone has their own limits and personalities on a bike. for some a 600 is too much for others it fits right at home.
as said earlier ride within your limits

Old 05-07-2007, 12:57 AM

Took my bike out to the streets today. Its fun as hell!! Once you're out on the street, you really begin to realize its not that YOU aren't responsible and what not, just that alot of drivers aren't so great themselves. I got cut off once but managed to save myself. I'm havin a blast riding this bike

Old 05-08-2007, 04:09 AM

not trying to be macho man or anything or make myself sound like i know all about everything... but i took well to my 600rr, its my first street bike, and i was lucky enough to find one for a great deal with just about every mod done on it imaginalble. But ya'll are right i told some of my buddies that are looking into getting a bike, not to get a 600cc sportbike. its a lil much, havent had any real major close calls other than the time i was almost forced of the road by a car... not 100% my fault but i not 100% his fault for me being there.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed
not trying to be macho man or anything or make myself sound like i know all about everything... but i took well to my 600rr, its my first street bike
x2
I bought my 06 600rr a couple weeks back and its the first bike ive ever ridden- im already pretty comfortable riding around and didnt think it was "too" much at all- if anything I can see myself getting a 1000rr in the years to come... my dos pesos [&:]

Old 05-09-2007, 04:41 AM

ORIGINAL: enzogfx

not trying to be macho man or anything or make myself sound like i know all about everything... but i took well to my 600rr, its my first street bike
x2
I bought my 06 600rr a couple weeks back and its the first bike ive ever ridden- im already pretty comfortable riding around and didnt think it was "too" much at all- if anything I can see myself getting a 1000rr in the years to come... my dos pesos [&:]
I used to be a +1 on getting a larger bike till I learned how to ride my little ole 600. If you like drag racing, man up to the busa. If you like smoking liter bikes in the twisties, get a 600. These are the perfect all around bike until Honda releases an 800. Learn to ride your 600, but beware a person that knows how to ride will smoke your *** on a track on a 250.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:44 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: enzogfx

x2

[/quote

x3 Just got my bike about 3 weeks ago (06) and so far everything is good. Riding with people with years of exp so getting some extra training besides the MSC. On a second note though, one of my friends just bought an 07 and he crashed just a few nights ago. Nothing serious (his bike ended up in a ditch filled with mud) but I would say to take it easy. Had a few close calls myself, just lucky maybe :/

Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 PM

DUDE are you a woman? My first bike EVER is an 06 RR. IVE NEVER stalled it and it handles like a mountain bike? after taking the safty course I fully understand what kind of RIDERS SHOULD NOT RIDE AT ALL NO MADDER WHAT BIKE IT IS.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Aah I learned how to ride bikes on dirt bikes and was competing in motocross when i finally got enough money for a street. I got my 06 600RR and freakin love it. Definitly had to learn on it, but about 6 months after riding i had an accident in May 05.Hit a pot whole (i mean a F#$!ing whole lol) and made me superman off my bike. All I had on was a hoodie. My picts to prove it go here ---> http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...&albumId=0

If you get anybody into riding, get them to buy an older bike first, 600's a great bike to start out on. Just get them to get an older like 99. And be safe like everyone said. Know your limit cause split seconds you could end up like me or worse.

Quick Reply: NOT A BEGINNER BIKE AT ALL