New one...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New one...

Well, I did it. I stopped by the dealership or should I say one of the dealerships in the area and arranged to by a left-over '05 600RR and they gave me what I paid for my '94 F2, so I didn't get hurt on the trade. It's the red/black scheme and I am in love with it. I have been riding for three years, first starting on a smaller cruiser and then evolving to sportbikes. Now I am quite psyched about this new bike and I know that I have the experience necessary to handle it since I owned an F2 and put about 3000 miles on it. Yes, I realize that there is a jump in performance their but I feel that their is no reason to own a liter bike since the newer 600's are quite fast. I'll post pics in a few days if I can figure out how. I pick it up Monday. Good days are ahead...

Old 05-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Default RE: New one...

Welcome to the forum, yes you will love it.

Why couldn't you bring it home today?

And as always, post pix

Old 05-20-2006, 10:15 PM

GRATS on the RR..im sure youll enjoy it..

Old 05-20-2006, 10:41 PM

Well, I can't finance it unless I have the one who gave birth to me co-sign but she was out of town for the weekend. I did try to reach her from the stealership but I left after sitting around for about half an hour. My mother is very supportive of anything that I do as long as I don't hurt anybody so she had no problem at all with me getting a more powerful bike. It sounds like I live with her or that she runs my life yet I am still her son and it's natural for her to worry about me, especially since I developed a fondness for rockets. Why did I screw up my credit so much when I was younger? I figured that I would never have a reason to finance anything since I don't see myself getting married and making the type of purchases that our consumer-driven society needs to sustain itself. Again, I still have my F2 for the weekend so I can wait a bit longer on my wet-dream machine. Man, I will have to get used to the position of this new bike as opposed to the rolling couch that was my F2, lol. Those banana seats will be missed but damn, those RR's are just to easy on the eyes to pass up...

Old 05-20-2006, 11:55 PM

congrats on the purchase

Old 05-21-2006, 12:24 AM

I still got my F2. The RR makes the F2 seem like a sports touring bike. Hehe. So much of a difference.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:12 AM

My F2 is a great bike, being my introduction to the sportbike community and it did not disappoint me in the least. We live once so I thought that I would pick up an RR since I know it has more pull than my F2 but it's not insane like a liter bike. My throttle control is almost perfect but I don't want to own a liter bike after only three years in the saddle altogether. What's funny is that I used to look down on sportbikes and now I own the best one of them all. Just sitting on it, I knew that I found a winner but I don't think that I can go cross country on it, really. Perhaps I should invest in some bionic wrists...

Old 05-21-2006, 02:10 AM

Happy for ya man!! These RRs are just awesome!!!!!!!