New member - from F to RR.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Vi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member - from F to RR.

Hello all bike riders and also thank you for this forum,

I am new here and quitenew for bikes also. As I can see most of you are from the USA. I used to live in CA (Los Angeles - Malibu area) and now I live and work in Dubai, U.A.E. I miss all the montains, PCH and the most cool streets there but I bought my new bike here in Dubai and my child dream came true. I am originaly from the Czech Republic and we have bikes in Europe way tooooo expensive compare to the US or here in Dubai.

However, 5 months ago I bought my first new bike 2006 model 600 F and drove a lot as much as i could. In Dubai itis easy, never rain,temerature great (except summer - too hot).A month ago I dont know why but I sold it and a week ago I boughtfor a good price a new600 RR - 2006 model.

And here is the thing. I take it easy and tried to find out about the break in engine as much as I could but as you know some poeple say this others that. At the end I take it easy max 7 rpm. Right or not I dont know. If you have something to add to this, please do so.

But when I started riding the RR I found it asa quite different bike. I amnot sure if i did a good thing by selling my lovely F. I am not a track racer but from time to time on only streight round in Dubai I go over 200 km/h easely. TheRR is not so comfortible much. Suspension much harder.Also the plastic shield in frontis way to low. I am 6'2" (185 cm) and not sureif the bike is not small for me, 'couse the F looked fine.

Is there a size limitof a personfor a bike importatnt somehow?Or it is only personal or visual issue?

Not sure if I am a bit exided by having the RR but it seems to me that it is only a race or weekend bike whereasthe F is a everyday ortour bike and even for a passanger fine or do you have a different opinion??

Did you guys have the F and changed it for RR??

In addition to that I thought the RR will be faster.
Am Imistaken if: "on F i had 6000 rpm (6th gear) my speed was 120 km/h but here I have 114 km/h. Condsidering the fact that I have not excceded 7000 rpm yet the speed at 14000 rpm might be less than on F, right?? My max speed on F was 250 km/h and had 1000 rpm left before the redzone. If you advanced riders can give my any ideas i would appretiate it.

By the way if there is someone from Dubai reading this let me know. There is going to bea bike week in dubai and some US bands going to play. WWW.dubaibikeweek.com

and if some US people come for a weekend here ... he he he he he ... dont think so, let me know also. Would like to meet you guys.

Thank you all and wish you many safe miles or km on your sweet baby bikes.

Regards to you all.

PS: Hope there are not many grammer mistakes ... sorry for that.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New member - from F to RR.

I think you described it pretty well. The RR is a track or twisties bike, and the F (the F4i here) is a little easier to live with as an everyday ride. There are aftermarket rearsets that you can adjust lower and further back to give you a little more leg room, at the expense of less leaning clearance.

Welcome to the board, and don't worry about the grammar - it's definitely better than my Czech or Arabic!

Old 03-29-2007, 06:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New member - from F to RR.

Try sitting on a gsxr its low swung compared to CBR. Im exactly 6'0" 197bs and my legs are by no means bent when I am at a stop light? Go drive by a mirror somewhere you should see you look normal for size of CBR600RR just don't crash