New to CBRForum, Question about Engine/Frame Torque Specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to CBRForum, Question about Engine/Frame Torque Specs

I just bought a 03 600RR that has bad rod bearings at 1200 miles. I have no idea how this happened, I bought it this way. I am installing a different motor and I need the torque specs for the the three long bolts that hold the engine into the frame (one on top-rear of the motor, one on the bottom-rear, and one where the swingarm/engine/frame come together. Can anyone help me out? Iintend toorder the manual at the dealer, but they take forever and Ihaveto keep making progress on this bike tonight before I lose my workspace. I searched the site and didn't find any torque specsfor these bolts. If it has already been posted, please point me in the right direction.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Default RE: New to CBRForum, Question about Engine/Frame Torque Specs

Why don't you search for an online version of the service manual? There are a few posted here.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 AM

I had this happen to my 04 in my first year at around 3500 miles on it also. I just was riding around and I heard this ticking from inside the engine that just got worse and worse. I took it into the Honda dealership and after about 2 months of Honda not letting tear into the motor, they finally let them. After 2 days, they found a spun rod bearing on it. They said the bearing was the wrong size and replaced all the bearings, rods, gaskets, and other parts that could have been affected courtsey of my warranty. Things like this make me happy in the pants that I bought the extended warranty. (And no, I did not take it hard on the bike as I was just learning and rode about 65-70mph max.)

Old 08-31-2007, 09:10 AM

Kiggy- Thanks for the tip. I decided to go with the online version. Saves money, time, trees.

Balamien- Sorry about your bike. Ibought mine this way. The first owner was a first time rider and was didn't abuse the bike either. He put so few miles on it that by the time it happened the warranty was out. He had a shop pull the motor apart but then wanted out of the whole deal when he found out how much it would be to fix. I bought it taken apart. I thought about rebuilding it, but by the time I bought gaskets, bearings, machining, and considered my time, the $500 engine from Ebayseems likea better decision. I trust the factory motor with 7000 miles that I bought more than a rebuilt motor with 1200 anyway.

I will post the torque specs in a seperate thread when I get a chance so that the next person will have them.