Need help with Clear Alternatives tail light

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Clear Alternatives tail light

Ok so i'm retarded and don't know how to make the signals work. I need to know where to connect the two yellow wires, what to do with the red things that came with it, and how to make the resistors work. Thanks for any help.

Also if you have the cw elimination kit, where does the licenseplate light wires go to and how do i connect it. Thanks again

Old 10-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help with Clear Alternatives tail light

Check the below link out.

http://www.clearalternatives.com/troubleshoot.htm

Old 10-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with Clear Alternatives tail light

If you are that retarded, you are not going to understand the directions that came with the kits, or any of ours.

I have both on my bike, and it was a breeze.

The two yellow wires. These are single wire hook ups because the ground is common with the other wires for the stop/tail light. they share the ground from that.

On the harness on the left side of your bike, you will have 3 open connectors. One is blue, one is orange, one is white. The orage is the left signal, the blue is the right, and the white is the taglight.

On the signals, you will only use one of these 2 on each, because the signals are already grounded through the tail/stop harness, as I said before. Those red connectors are junk, I don't trust them. I actually took the stock plugs apart from the fender end, left about a 4" piece of the positive side, cut it off, the soldered and heat shrunk it to the CA tail light wires.

Yes they are both yellow, you just have to turn on your bike, turn on the left signal, then try one of the yellow wires in the harness to see if it coordinates with the front. Left is orange, so try both yellow wires to see which one makes the left side blink, and you have them figured out. Also, if you look at the plugs, there will be a wire on each of the plugs that are the same, and one that is different... the ones that are the same on both the plugs are the ground wires... They are orange and green for the left, and blue and green for the right. The green wire is the ground, and does not get used.

For the tag light, it is the same, except you will use both the wires from the bike harness, one is a ground, one is power. However, these, I do not know because I did not bother to use the tag light with the CW kit.

If you do use the red things, all they do is they are "power taps". They have 2 channels in them, imagine a pipe cut in half. One channel passes all the way, front to back, one goes about half way. What you do is the place you want to get power fron, you put that wire in the full channel side. The wire you want to get power to goes in the other side, The, you are just closing the plastic cover, squeeze it with pliers, and there is a piece of metal in there that slices into the side of the wire, and "mates" them together. You see theses on trailers for marker lights ect... but like I said, I don't trust them... and also, if you use these, your signals are now "hard wired" to the bike.. if you need to take your tail off in the future, you are going to have to cut these wires, because they don't unplug.

And the resistors... I didn't use these either.. that just slows the blinking rate down, and yes they will blink faster withour them, but it didn't bother me. I actually liked them blinking faster because maybe, just maybe, it will get the attention of the cagers more... doubt it, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck with it.

-Steve