How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Clear Alternatives Tail Light Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Alternatives Tail Light Wiring?

Hey whats goin' on? Just bought the Clear Alternatives Smoked out taillight for my '06 CBR and we're trying to figure out the wiring for it. Does anybody know how to wire up this taillight?

Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Default RE: Clear Alternatives Tail Light Wiring?

I installed my smoked clear alternative earlier this year. It was easy just time consuming. The factory harness plugs in then you have four wires
for the left/right +/- blinkers. If you go to the clear alternatives web site it has the color coding for the wires. Start with taking off your seat and rear
end. You will need a set of metric allen/hex wrenches. Here is a pic of the wiring harness.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:36 PM

Old 07-01-2007, 11:39 AM

I just installed it on my 06 f4i two nights ago, and the harnesses didn't match up so ended up having to hard wire everything.....the wiring diagram from Clear Alternatives didn't match up with the bike, so more time was spent than really should have, had we just used our heads.

Are the harnesses matching up to your bike???

Old 07-01-2007, 03:30 PM

No we had to hard wire everything as well... we had the taillight working and once we put it back on the bike and started working on the flush mounts, all the lights were staying on. We aren't using any resistors and I'm wondering if that is why.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:56 PM

I didn't use any resistors either...and everything is working correctly.....I have the wiring written down correctly at home and will get it when I get there this evening at work now and it was 2 in the morning when I finally got done so memory was a little blurry.....

Old 07-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Wiring for the f4i went like this: Bike-Green to Light Black, Bike-Green/Yellow to Light Green, and Bike-Black to Light Red.....hope this helps.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:13 PM

did you wire any flush mounts? cuz its seeming like once we started wiring the flush mounts is when we ran into this problem. I dunno I'm gonna double check my wiring for the tail light once more and try and figure this out.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:21 PM

I got the flush mounts on before I put the tail light in.....but my flush mounts and tail light both work properly.....

Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 PM

quick question for you guys who have this and have it installed.

Are the turns signals back feeding and leaving your cluster turn signal lights on but not flashing (only flashes when you turn)?

My undertail has this problem and i need 8 diodes for all the wires, its so cheap and funky that i'm going to give it up completely and go with pimpbike/ca.

Now all i have to do is match up the wires for the brakes/running light/ground...now what about the turn signals is it one wire for each side or is it turn signal + and ground for each side?

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Clear Alternatives Tail Light Wiring?