Need Help... another How-To guide ;)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help... another How-To guide ;)

Hey guys, I'm just about ready to install my new short stalk turn signals, just waiting for my indy spacers to come in. Now the question is... how the f00k do I do it? I'm guessing Ill have to take the entire side fairings off [:'(] I just hope i dont scratch my baby. I have a pretty tight space to work in inside our shed, and if I take it outside, well... then im on pavement/grass.... soooo... any thing I gotta pay specific attention to while pulling them off, and where exactly should i look for the connection wires?

also, I posted in the general tech forum about a crack in my fairing... if your willing to answer that one, it would be great too [8D]
Crack-in-my-plastic post Click Here <<

thanks for any help,

Chris

Old 02-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Default RE: Need Help... another How-To guide ;)

Hey bro... Unfortanitly yer gonna have to take the fairing off! I've had to do it twice now! (no fun!) yer gonna have 3 wires when you cut the stock ones off. the way i did it is i just connected one of the wires (i forget wich one) from bike to signal, then took the other 2 ,from the bike, and touched them to the other one , signal, to see if it werk'd (w/ the turn siganl on so u can see if it werks). I then of course used shrink tubing around all the wires when i was done sodering the 2 that werk'd. you will have one wire left over! dont trip! i jus folded it and shrink tubed it so it doesnt touch anything else. also have sum mini fuses ready in case you blow em. i think i blew like 3-4 red fuses ("10") just take your time! dont rush! jus set aside a whole day for (although you'll probally wont need it) and have a pair of xtra hands jus in case! I needed my girl friend the first time to hold the fairing, light when i was screwing it in, etc... any more ?'s hit me up and ill see what i can do fer ya!

Old 02-05-2005, 10:32 PM

thanks man... what all do I have to take off? just the side fairing or am I going to have to take the top w/ the windscreen and all that junk too :S

Im glad there is a place like this w/ people like you, thanks a lot man, i wish there were a way i could repay you

Chris

Old 02-06-2005, 05:48 AM

Lockhart Phillips sells these connectors so you do not have to hack up your signal wires..I reccomend these so if you sell it you dont have spliced wires.
They are not expensive...

Old 02-06-2005, 03:45 PM

naww bro... no need to take off the windshield. i didnt at least, but i did need the help from my GF to help me manuver sum stuff around the first time i did my turn signals. its gonna be a pain in da *** but it'll be worth when its done. jus take yer time! it might just be a "easier" install if you take it off (wind shield and front peice) but i didnt wanna mess w/ all dat so i didnt even bother w/ it... i dunno dude its up to you.