need help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!!!!

Well i had just recieved my new flush mount tail lights that stick on to the sides of the back fairing.I had taken the existing lights off so i went ahead and cut the two wires from the old lights, one dark green and the other light blue.The new lights came with about two feet of wire that i guess you woud slit down the middle,RED and RED with a blackstripe on it.Can anybody please tell me what im doing wrong here,I tried connecting the black and red wire form the new lights to the green that powered the old ones and the red wire to the blue wire that powered the old lights.Now my problem im having is that when my turn signals are on there flashing at a much higher rate of speed and im also having problems with the dash cluster,headlights dimming out and the back tail light is blinking when i have my turnsignals on.Not only that but when I have my key in the on position and the red button switch on usually my dash would light up and my tach would go from 0-17,000 back to 0.now I have nothing except a very dim headlight and a dead horn but i guess it has enogh power to run the blinkers.beats the living f*ck outta me.So if you could please help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
ps. I also went ahead and installed the old ones back on and sti ll same thing.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:42 PM
L8X
Default RE: need help!!!!

shop time

Old 11-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I assume everything worked prior to removing the old lights. Second I believe my 05 had three wires, one being the ground. You mentioned only working with two wires. Considering this could there then be a grounding problem? To start you trouble shooting I would replace the original signals and see if everything works again as advertised. Then you would know it is the new lights.

As far as different flashing rates that may be because of the different type bulbs your new signals have, filament vs. LED. My best attempt at an explanation is that different type of bulbs “pull” different Ohm levels and that causes the flashers to react differently. There are counter measures to correct this but I’ll leave that for someone else to explain.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:24 PM

well I checked out that sight and really no help but thanks.There was only two wires feeding the old light and like I mentioned before I tried to reinstall the old light to the same wires as it came hooked up with and still the same outcome as the new one.ill be pulling my hair out over this one.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:36 PM

I don't have an RR, but I sat on a few at the Cycle World Motorcycle Show last week in Denver. Seriously, here's how the lights work on my CBR 1000F. The running lights have two wires, but the turnsignals have three wires. Maybe your turnsignals are not used as running lights. Then you need a wiring diagram. The green wire on mine is ground and it is common to the dash cluster on mine, so work from there.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:16 PM

check the fuses i spent 2 days on a similar project but it was with an alarm system turned out to be a blown fuse