My 6rr= DEMOLISHED!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 6rr= DEMOLISHED!!

On my way to work today... 9:30 am...

Basically had a head on collision/ TBONE with a semi truck. he moved right, so i stayed in my lane, and he whipped a u turn in front of me. I had no where to go, and BAM! right into the tire and rolled the bike under it, and was wrapped in the tire cause of my backpack.

I just got out of the ER... Knee cap was popped off, and severe road rash... ICON HELMET!!!! SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
Im hurting pretty bad, the bike is demolished. and yes, it was the truckers fault.
He was a cool guy, kept me calm, and called 911 immediately.. Thank god he was a cool guy instead of tryin to yell at me and push it on me like it was my fault he turned or whatever...

thank god im ok... no more bike for now ...

Watch out guys, alot of stupid drivers out there.

To make it worse, i was stuck by my bag under his tire, and he rolls it bak off of me, and starts to talk to me. I was like, "Sir, you didnt use your turn signal! " he was like, im sorry I saw you but..." and I said" U didnt use your turn signal" He said sorry and called 911...
I couldnt move cause my legs were numb, and couldnt feel below my waist... Its cause the knee cap situation... anyways, a hell of alot of morphine, and drugs, and needles. Im ok, and about to throw up lol..

Ride safe guys.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Default RE: My 6rr= DEMOLISHED!!

ohmygosh... Will you need knee surgery? The problem with riding to work is that everyone else is riding to work too. You get people that could drive the route blind and that's how they drive. They don't look out for others, especially bikes. I've rode to work every day since I got my bike which is only 3 times but I've had one minivan try and end me. I'm glad you're ok. Have fun with the morphine!

Old 07-26-2005, 12:43 PM

I hate to say it and I know that most of you know this but you HAVE to watch out for others on the road. I have been a Firefigther/EMT full time for about three years now and in my short career I have seen to many motorcycle accidents. The said thing is that about 95% of them were not the fault of the person on the bike but the fault of the other driver that 9 times out of 10 pulled out in front of the bike. Glad to hear you had a helmet. They are life savers. Even thogh they may not look COOL or Mess up your hair, they saves lives. Glad you made it through somewhat ok, could have been much worse. I think drivers should not have to take a course/test on driving a motorcycle. I think those that don't ride a bike should take a course/test on how not to hit motorcycles!!!!

Old 07-26-2005, 01:05 PM

glad your alive man...insurance company getting you a new bike i hope?

Old 07-26-2005, 01:57 PM

Glad to hear you made it out as well as you did. I could see that ending a lot worse then it did, get a good lawyer and enjoy the oxycotton.
-Chris

Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 PM

man did the guy get a ticket?

Old 07-28-2005, 07:36 AM

Guy was sited for illegal uturn.
It was I believe if I remember, out of split second memories of the accident it was a swift truck. and he was sited.

Also, I always look at what others do, then again when 50 ft of road is blocked off, and your doing 40 on a gravel/pothole deathroad, you cant very well stop or avoid it ....

No knee surgery, and yes helmet saved my life... Ill get pics up soon.

Also, my helmet was dope as hell lookin, ICON! is the ****.... **** the hair, save the head lol is what I say.

Ride safe brothaz... freal.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:01 PM

I'm not going to be one that says you should of, could of... Every situation is diffrent adn unless you were there no one really has a clue. I'm just glad to hear you're ok! F'ers not paying attention!

Old 07-29-2005, 01:38 AM

Wow!

SO SO Sorry bro!

Everyones worst nightmare. So are you thinking back to the incident and figuring out if you could have done anything to avoid it? What was his attitude? Was he honestly concerned or was he trying to talk his way out of fault? I would have stood up, taken off my helmet and cold cocked him right in the throat.

I suppose if you gotta go down you picked the right incident, accept for the knee.

Hey keep us up to date man. We will be anxious to see how you get better. Very glad you made it. I would hate to wonder where you went...

Which makes me wonder if there are any members that are no longer on here because they are no longer with us.

Stick around though and hang out till you get another one.

Take good care of yourself.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:40 AM

Im not goin no where man...

This site is the best forum on the net. no joke. out of all the car forums im on and stuff, CBRFORUM.COM IS THE ****!...

If you could get me some stickers for me, i would ROCK THE **** OUT OF THEM on my leg, and my bike, and my car lol...

do we have stickers?

I believe I could get a good 50+ ppl on here in a wk, if I had a sticker for them...

Im ok though, went to the doctors today, everythings gettin better besides the migraines ive been having since the accident, and the nighmares, and the cramps in the legs and stomach, and the fact I dont sleep...

The guy was very calm, kept me calm, and made me feel good and safe ... he got down, held my hand and made sure i was ok while calling 911.. Im glad it was him, not another ******** driver that wants to yell, scream, pick a fight, and try to yell like it was your fault... LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HERE IN VEGAS DOES.

I want to thank him and a few others that were there at the incedent cause w/out them, i would probably be in the same situation since it wasnt a MAJOR LIFE THREATENING ACCIDENT like my body was torn it 2 or whatever, but they still treated it like it was, and took care of me.

I love this site though...

And I would do anything to help ppl out on here... I mean, ive already told everyone ill give them the best deals on all parts, cept no one wants to work with me with it...
I give them a good price, and if its still not good enough they dont hit me back up... I got strings here in vegas in the scene, and ill pull them for anyone on this site...

thanks for the concern, makes me feel like a mod on here lol...