ME VS. OIL LEVEL INDICATOR (7-1)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ME VS. OIL LEVEL INDICATOR (7-1)

Got the bright idea of checking my oil at work (typically done in my garage with support) and it bit the dust. Thank god for sliders... only got the left puck (lower side), and the left mirror (tiny knick on edge), and a couple of tank scratches. Today is gutter cleaning/leaf removal day at my house and If I don't fall off my roof I am going to pick my bike up at my father's (borrowed ladder, left bike). He is suppossed to have the miracle cure for scratches (big harley guy). I will post back up and let you know how it works (with photos).

Old 11-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Default RE: ME VS. OIL LEVEL INDICATOR (7-1)

i almost did what u did once but thanx god my brother was next to me at that time so he held the bike right away ... so now i did a good idea to check the oil without having any help .... i put the kick stand down .. i put a brick or a peace of wood under the kick stand . the brick is thick enough to make the bike leveled so i check the oil..

Old 11-18-2006, 03:56 PM

nice idea with the brick.. and disco if the scratches come out let me know what the miracle is because i have some light scratches thanks guys

Old 11-18-2006, 07:44 PM

Just put the bike on stands to check the oil level. Why take a chance with a brick under the kickstand where someone can easily knock it over.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:32 AM

well i never did that..but i did forget to put the kick stand down and was gettin off the bike and lucky i was close to the wall...shoulder took a nice little hit..lol, but the bike was fine. yeah and im waiting for my brother to help me get my bike on the stands..im to scared to do it alone.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:37 AM

ORIGINAL: steve00ses

yeah and im waiting for my brother to help me get my bike on the stands..im to scared to do it alone.
you can do it by yourself. It just takes practice. Here's a link with some vids that may help:
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/113.aspx

Old 11-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have stands. I installed a couple of those cheap bedroom door mirrors in the garage and use those to check the fluid level of the oil (and to use when I use the weight equipment.) Haven't had the need for stands yet, (though, i know I'll need to eventually.)

Old 11-19-2006, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: abadfish

Just put the bike on stands to check the oil level. Why take a chance with a brick under the kickstand where someone can easily knock it over.
i only put the brick just for 5 mints enought to check the oil and then i take it off . .. i do that cuz i dont have a stand .. and the bike is too heavy to hold it with one hand and bend over to check the oil.. u know what i mean..

Old 11-19-2006, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I don't have stands. I installed a couple of those cheap bedroom door mirrors in the garage and use those to check the fluid level of the oil (and to use when I use the weight equipment.) Haven't had the need for stands yet, (though, i know I'll need to eventually.)

Perfect. This is what I will do from now on.

BTW- that stuff my dad had worked, but he wasn't home to tell me the name. I think he bought it at some motorcycle show. I'll find out this week and post some photos. Too bad I didn't take any to start with so only the finished product will show, but it did take out some light scratches.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:00 PM

I get down on my knees and hold the right handlebar with my right hand as i check the oil. When you have the bike str8 it's virtually weightless in your hand, pretty easy.

Quick Reply: ME VS. OIL LEVEL INDICATOR (7-1)