lowering links how-to.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowering links how-to.

ORIGINAL: azncupid22

are there videos of it? and which side of the bike should i be standing on? the one with the side stand right? so where's the subframe and where are the triples?
stand on the left side
put your right toes on the sidestand just to keep it from sliding
grab the triples close to the right fork with your left hand
grab the subframe where the passenger pegs are/were. if you still have the passenger pegs even better. use them instead.

start with just grabbing the bike and leaning it back. just a little at a time until you can get both wheels off the ground and balance the bike on the sidestand. it will hold the bike up once you get the balance point.

then just turn your body counter clockwise and let the stand turn under your foot.
at first just do it a little at a time
lift turn sit it down
repeat until it is completley turned around

eventually you can wrench it up and spin it like it weighed nothing.

my buddy can do his 500lb rc51 like it was a feather

oh and to answer the heighth question
i am 5'7" and flatfoot both my 600 and 1000 but people are differently shaped and are still the same overall hieghth

Old 12-30-2007, 07:45 PM

Well from what i understand height could be the same but leg length could be shorter/longer. I think from the ground to my crotch is 33in or so.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:24 PM

spinning it is ok. i do it a bit differently though. i just grab the bars, turn the wheel to the right, and pick it up on it's side. the cbr is so well balanced it just sits on the stand.
the only problem i have with spinning is that my kickstand bolt came off from doing it so much when i first got the bike. the bolt got f'ed up and i had to ride with no kickstand for a few days while i had a new bolt on order. that sucked. the guys in service said it happened from spinning it. I denied ever doing it, but since then i am reluctant to spin it so much.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: chris99

spinning it is ok. i do it a bit differently though. i just grab the bars, turn the wheel to the right, and pick it up on it's side. the cbr is so well balanced it just sits on the stand.
the only problem i have with spinning is that my kickstand bolt came off from doing it so much when i first got the bike. the bolt got f'ed up and i had to ride with no kickstand for a few days while i had a new bolt on order. that sucked. the guys in service said it happened from spinning it. I denied ever doing it, but since then i am reluctant to spin it so much.
yeah i have never heard of that. interesting.
just check the bolt every now and then to make sure that it isnt coming loose.
although 4 bikes in 5 years and i have never seen this problem

Old 12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ I have to admit that my side stand started to become very loose after doing this for a while. That's why I don't do it as often (or find that parking space without having to back out of.)

Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 PM

^^yeah, i have been checking the bolt ever since, but i had the guy put lots of loctite for peace of mind. it's been perfect so far

Old 01-01-2008, 01:16 PM

dude you guys are awesome, i just spun my bike on the side stand this morning. it was freakin cool, and is gonna save me so much freaking time getting outa parkin spaces, as well as save me a fortune and handling detriments from lowering links. so now that i now how to do it, what should i look out for if i spin it often? so that i dont screw up my bike one day and it just breaks the side stand or whatever.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:23 PM

every so often check the bolts that hold the kickstand on
if they are loose, tighten them

Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 PM

cool thanks guys! i'll keep that in mind!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM

i was reading the manual and i thought i read somewhere that there are alittle adjustments for the suspension on the stock bike? for loads or rougher roads, i guess. do you really ever need to mess with that stuff?

Quick Reply: lowering links how-to.