Old 12-22-2007, 03:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowering links how-to.

I feel a war coming on here soon lol.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^War coming? No buddy, it's already here. As we speak my special forces have already infiltrated every level of your government.........now we just play the waiting game.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:27 PM

ok so i was the one who started this thread and i am happy to say i think i'm going to keep it the stock height because i'd hate to sacrifice handling. since i'll be takin this bike to trackdays once i get used to a 600cc, theres no need to lower it. i'll just have to suck it up and figure out an efficient way to back out of parkin spaces, but its not a hassle i'm willling to compromise for performance.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: azncupid22

ok so i was the one who started this thread and i am happy to say i think i'm going to keep it the stock height because i'd hate to sacrifice handling. since i'll be takin this bike to trackdays once i get used to a 600cc, theres no need to lower it. i'll just have to suck it up and figure out an efficient way to back out of parkin spaces, but its not a hassle i'm willling to compromise for performance.
thats easy
learn to pick it up and spin it on the sidestand
basically put your right foot on the stand
left hand on the triple
right hand on the subframe
lean the bike back so the wheels come off the ground and all the weight is balanced on the side stand and spin

nothing to it
the 600 is so light it will be a snap

Old 12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ True. Spinning it on the side stand works great. (or you could avoid pulling into parking spaces that you have to back out of. )

Old 12-29-2007, 11:03 PM

You just have to get used to it. I could only tip toe my bike at first. I have boots with larger soles now and I still can not put both heels down, but I manage to move around effectively because I take my parking spot into consideration before I park. At stoplights, I'm a one footer anyways. You're moving more than you're stopped.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

^^ True. Spinning it on the side stand works great. (or you could avoid pulling into parking spaces that you have to back out of. )
plus its really funny to do it somewhere that a lot of bikes are gathered and then watch people drop their bike trying to copy you when they have no idea how you did it hahaha

Old 12-30-2007, 12:21 PM

How short/tall are you guys who can't tip toe or flat feet? Im at 5'7 and bought my bike used which is lowered 1in rear and was in the front (just raised/lowered my forks back up right as i stored it). I can flat feet with my tims but i cant with my pilotis, but my shoes are better to shift with then my boots.

I plan on raising the rear back up anyways, do i have to use a jack or will a rear stand work?

P.S. I have an f4i, don't hate haha

Old 12-30-2007, 06:22 PM

are there videos of it? and which side of the bike should i be standing on? the one with the side stand right? so where's the subframe and where are the triples?

Old 12-30-2007, 06:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU7jvx4qnQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAhG...eature=related

I wonder how long before your kickstand kicks the bed, i wonder the pros/cons of doing that over and over.

Quick Reply: lowering links how-to.