Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just received a quote...

great price compared to what i've heard

Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: rdrink25

southernhonda.com in chattonoga $8343 OTD for an 08 no fees
That's the other dealership I've been eyeing. Do you know whether they have any 2007's left? The only reason I'm going after an '08 is because Honda is completely sold out of all their 07's, so it's impossible to find any silver/white ones.

But yeah, 9100$ sounded like a steal to me. Does anyone know if the pricing will go further down in a few months time? I'm looking to save up some more money for a bigger down payment. I have no credit so financing is gonna suck!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

A little off topic but.

How much leverage do you have if you walk in with cash in hand?

Not much, dealers like that get money either way

Old 01-25-2008, 10:22 AM

Thats not bad at all. To eliminate all the extra charges is next to impossible, but some dealers charge a hell of a lot more then 700. I think I paid like 9,800 out the door, but I live in NY so the tax is 8.625% and I bought my 07 in the middle of the season. I would take that, its not bad at all, especially if your getting the limited edition color.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 AM

ALSO: in regards to your financing concern. Try and get a cosigner and go through American Honda, the rates are great and it will build your credit very well. When I first got my bike I financed through GE Money cause my credit was not well enough established at the time. I heavily warn you against this unless it is your only option, they 129 bucks you are paying per month are in interest alone, you are not reducing principle whatsoever. I ended up re-financing it once my credit history got a little more built. Also, since this seems like a first bike, and that you are financing it, make sure you get full coverage on it. Fairings are very expensive and if it goes down, you dont want to be paying for something you dont have in operable condition. I know its a bit more expensive, but you will find out that this isnt a cheap sport if you do it correctly. Budget in another grand for gear if you dont have any already!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

ALSO: in regards to your financing concern. Try and get a cosigner and go through American Honda, the rates are great and it will build your credit very well. When I first got my bike I financed through GE Money cause my credit was not well enough established at the time. I heavily warn you against this unless it is your only option, they 129 bucks you are paying per month are in interest alone, you are not reducing principle whatsoever. I ended up re-financing it once my credit history got a little more built. Also, since this seems like a first bike, and that you are financing it, make sure you get full coverage on it. Fairings are very expensive and if it goes down, you dont want to be paying for something you dont have in operable condition. I know its a bit more expensive, but you will find out that this isnt a cheap sport if you do it correctly. Budget in another grand for gear if you dont have any already!
Thanks a lot for all the advice. I had a friend explain to me the other day about the cheap rates that dealers give you, only it really screws you over. I have no credit at all, so will American Honda even be available to get a loan from? Unfortunately I totally cannot afford full coverage, but I'm definitely going to be getting the basics, including collision and comprehensive.

One more question: Can I finance a Suzuki bike on my Honda card if it's at a Honda dealership? Or any other bike for that matter?