I need a BikE! CBR600RR

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need a BikE! CBR600RR

and if they were all the same, no one would have a better handling bike. IF you do know what you're talking about, you're not seeing the big picture. there are things you learn on a smaller bike that turn into good habits when you move up in power and overall performance. The habit you learn on a high power/perfoamance are more than likely BAD habits, but you wouldn't know any better because you didn't learn how to ride Sport on a smaller less powerful motorcycle.

I think it responsible of me to ask him to shy away from a 600RR. I have more riding experience than he does FOR SURE. I went the 500->600 Route. I know how to ride both pretty well. HE DOESN'T. it's incredible that it doesn't toss any flags up for you. seriously, how are you even still alive?!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 AM

I got an 2006 CBR600RR and it is fast as hell. Leading up to my purchase I was on this site, and someone
told me if you keep it unde about 7,000 rpm its less of an animal, but above 8,000 this is a race bike, and it rides like one.

You say you can now afford it, well I would suggest that you take a look at insurance quotes before you make that judgement. I am 29 and my first year of insurance is more than my payments on the bike.

There are some great debates here as to the useability of the RR for a first bike. I have mountain biked, and raced road and track bicycles for years, and am a responsible user of the throttle - and the power of the RR scared me more than once. A little mistake on the RR could be very serious.

If you are committed to restraining yourself for a number of months, and spend a good 100 miles in an empty parking lot when you first get one, you can do it, but be careful if you do.

Good luck.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: arkansashog

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

You're STILL wrong!

The geometry between a standard Sport Bike (Like the EX500) as WAAAAAAAY different! Look at the Head Angle, the rake, the trail, wheel base, Swingarm, ground clearance! ALL WAY DIFFERENT! The BENIFIT of going with a Standard Sport is that all of the things that matter are toned down for someone who isn't used to that type of riding! You don't want to make a mistake on the 600RR, you really really dont. It's horribly unforgiving. better than most others in the same class, but still bad. the same mistake made on a EX500 could make you learn something instead of making you crash. There are things you learn on a standard sport that better prepares you for a supersport motorcycle than just hoping on one and getting the ol slap on the *** for good luck and go.

I don't know how you could be unhappy with a standard sport, especially a EX500. i would have kept my 500 for a couple of years had i not gone into the dealership and saw the 600RR. You should ask your friend WHY he doesn't like it, or if he's told you, you should elaborate.

personally, i don't believe you know what you're talking about at all.

Last time I checked, there are only 4 axis in geometry.If i have to say it again, YOU DONT GO FULL THROTLE THE FIRST TIME YOU RIDE/DRIVE ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You start out slow and then PROGRESSIVELY go faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea what you are talking about jackass!!!!!!!! Why scare someone out of a 600rr, WHEN YOU ARE ON A 600RR SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SIR HAVE NOT IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!11

This is not a 600RR site, this is a CBR site first off. I dont understand how you can site here and give this advice. You had your 600RR for a week and thought that you were ready to move up to a 1000RR. I still want to know what happened with that.

Anyways. the axis are completely different from bike to bike. Your saying they are the same from the RR to a Harley cruiser then???? I dont think so. Anyways, to the original poster, I would just like you to think about everything, what you are getting the bike for and what you can handle. If it MUST be a 600 you are determined at, like I said, I would hit up the F4i before the RR. They are still a SERIOUS bike, just a little less touchy and a little more forgiving on slip-ups. But like I said before. Since you will be paying cash on a bike, I would recommendgetting something smaller, getting used to everything, then selling that andmoving up. It will be easy to get out of a bike that is paid of to upgrade.You would rather learn right, than look cool, right?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arkansas...you've been warned...do not name call on this site...you can disagree but when you start calling people jack@ss and what not...it's a definite no no...

if you disagree with respect then it's all good, but you can't seem to do that without getting heated and what not.

get the nack of riding down in a few weeks eh? muahahahhaha...let's see how the rest of the sportbike world, including racers, etc. feel about that comment...

growing up around fast cars doesn't mean anything when it comes to bikes...it takes totally different talent to do either one.

if you've gotten the sport down in such little time...i invite you to come ride with me so i can tell you what you're doing wrong. don't take it as i'm saying you're a bad rider, take it as a friendly invitation to improve your riding.

t

Old 02-09-2007, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

and if they were all the same, no one would have a better handling bike. IF you do know what you're talking about, you're not seeing the big picture. there are things you learn on a smaller bike that turn into good habits when you move up in power and overall performance. The habit you learn on a high power/perfoamance are more than likely BAD habits, but you wouldn't know any better because you didn't learn how to ride Sport on a smaller less powerful motorcycle.

I think it responsible of me to ask him to shy away from a 600RR. I have more riding experience than he does FOR SURE. I went the 500->600 Route. I know how to ride both pretty well. HE DOESN'T. it's incredible that it doesn't toss any flags up for you. seriously, how are you even still alive?!
Knightslugger that's pretty bad you have to tell people your more expierienced and that i don't know how to ride. Are you one of those people that are always stuck up and say they're the bust at everything? I appreciate your info but that was unecessary, for all you know i could be the best rider in the world. And to tell you the truth i can honestly tell you that i think my riding ability would exceed yours. Just because i haven't drove a sportbike you think its some major task. I feel i am definitley ready for the 600rr and was even actually thinking about getting an 1000. 600 doesnt feel big enough, kind of feels like a down step from my 660. heck i'm going 60cc's less so im sure its not a problem. I just needed some opinions and info on what everyone thinks about them and i appreciate your responses. but to call me out like that and put me down is just wrong. that's not what it's about. Even though i am 19, and yes your going to call me a stupid kid, doesn't mean i'm some idiot that doesn't know how to drive. I'm just thinking of the safest and smartest way to get started on a 600rr. I'm pretty much settled on the 600rr so that's what im probably going to get. I have friends that have already got bikes, that previously haven't rode anything, and they're fine. Wow look what this forum turned into! another success

Old 02-09-2007, 05:31 PM

If you are wet on that why did you ask an opinion on a bike???? An ATV is completely different than a Sport Bike. Believe me. I have raced Dirt Bikes, snowmobiles, etc, and hopping on on of these isn't like going from your civic into Mom and Dads Tahoe. But whatever you choose is your decision. A few thought after a week of riding thought that they were ready for a 1000, but guess what, 95% of hem are still on their 600. No one said you can't ride a bike, but its highly unlikely that you can outperform someone who have been riding for 5+ years. Thats all. I would like to see ANYONE hop on a bike for the first time and out perform anyone who has been riding for 2+ years, hell, 1+ years for that matter. HIGHLY unlikely. But whatever your decision is make it a good one.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:42 PM

thanks for all your info, i wasen't trying to judge users or say something i don't know about, i just didn't like the way he responded by saying i don't know how to ride well and that he has more expierience, does that even need to be stated?of course he's going to have more expierience, im just trying to get into the whole scene. I'm anticipating sportbikes being way different from everything else, exspecially because your on pavement. D2ME your bike is awesome, she's a beauty and i wish i could get one like that. i was also looking at your post on the new mirrors with run signals. not that i know anything about bikes but i think the stock ones look better, for some reason i just don't like the geometry or design of the aftermarkets ones.. just my opinion though...

Old 02-09-2007, 06:03 PM

It wasn't so much of a reply to be against you but to support his point against the other member. I don't think there was any harm meant against you there. It is a totally different feeling going from dirt to pavement. Everything changes. Especially going from 4 wheels to 2. Response is way different and the way you maneuver is different. Its just something to get used to. No one is saying you cant do it, it just isn't advised, especially in the situation of purchase your in. Thats all!!

Thanks for the comments!!!! As for the mirrors, I like the way they work!!! Visibility and looks still need to grow on me.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...never owned a sportbike, and haven't really ridden one...yet ready for the liter bike eh? i say step right up and do it! aside from cost of insurance and what not...there really isn't that much to it is there? just ride safe and watch that throttle...but for the times when something unexpected goes wrong...such as the sudden jerk of the throttle, a little bit of gravel, etc...that's when cc's really count...so not when you're actively paying attention...it's the unexpected stuff...and yea...it happens A LOT on a bike.

all i ask is just don't go claiming that a background in something other than bikes is being giftedly athletic and coordinated will let you get the whole sportbike thing down in a month...cause it ain't going to happen and i know pleny who have crashed with gansta crazy mad coordination skillz...there is no substitution for experience.

tons of people start on 600s and 1000s...and say they are ready for them...i suppose they are...but if they were to ride the bike the way it's intended to...not just up and down the street...no way they are ready.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:43 PM

get a ninja250 or a ex500 for your first bike. thats what I plan on doing. and make sure to TAKE THE MSF COURSE. wait a while for the cbr. don't rush it. just be patient and you'll get the bike you want.

Quick Reply: I need a BikE! CBR600RR