I need a BikE! CBR600RR

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a BikE! CBR600RR

this is my first post, im usually over at the jeep forums but i need a bike bad...basically i've always wanted one since i've been a kid and now i can afford one. Last year i bought a 2003 660R raptor and now im looking to sell it and get a bike. if anyone wants to trade let me know. Since im a poor college student, what are all of your suggestions on here to get a good bike for a steal? or where should i look? ebay seems to have some good deals, but i just need some help on where to get a good bike at a good price....might be a bad first forum, but it's okk, yes you can say im a noob to this forum since i already know everyone is. thaNks Glad to be here at CBRforum.com!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Default RE: I need a BikE! CBR600RR

Well you picked a good site! Do not buy the GSXR unless you get at least the 2006. My buddies 06 636 is a piece of crap! I would recommend an 05 cbr 600rr, there are lots out there and will be alot more as soon as people can get their hands on the 07. You should expect to pay about 5000 for a good condition 05.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:00 PM

ok thanks for responding, i didn't quite know how to enter this forum but i'm used to forums throught the jeep ones im at. I started learning on a 1980 twinstar 200 and then bought my raptor, now i need a bike!, i just wish i had some more money.. soo far this site seems awesome. a lot of good info and people seem a lot like me..i'm not just some kid trying to get a bike and go fast. Bikes are what i've been saving up for my whole life. $5,000 is about $1500 more than what i have now,, hmm i'll hafta get saving.haha

so the gsxr are bad? i've heard there one of the best...but i do everything Honda! simply the best. Also whats all of your opinions on other manufacturers bikes?

Old 02-08-2007, 11:09 PM

Since im a poor college student, what are all of your suggestions on here to get a good bike for a steal?
Poor college students should worry more about their student loans than Sport bikes... Just my opinion. anyway...

a 600RR is not what i'd call a starter's sport bike. Far from it. It's a finely tuned razor blade with more acceleration than some Surface-to-Air Missiles. no ****, 0-60 < 2 seconds. It's fast. REALLY FAST, and REALLY responsive. 105HP on tap, on (only) two wheels and a steering geometry that can reward you, or toss you like a rag doll. You have to know how to give it what it wants though... something a new rider lacks.

no sir, this bike is NOT a beginner's sport bike. Some will tell you that they started on it and were fine. They're the lucky ones. others become statistics. But let me tell you what IS a good choice for a budding SPORTBIKE rider.

Since you've got a ATV, you must know how the clutch works in relation to throttle input. don't forget it. a twist is a little more complicated for a beginner than a thumb throttle, but you'll learn quick enough. If you want to ride Sportbikes, REALLY FAST sport bikes and WELL, i highly Highly HIGHLY suggest starting on a EX250, EX500, GS500, EX650, or SV650. They are fast enough to blow the doors off most sports cars at the line, and more than capable of giving you multi hundred dollar tickets. They will teach you the basic fundamentals of SPORTBIKE riding. Don't confuse SPORTBIKE riding with MOTORCYCLE riding. the two ARE fundamentally the same, however mechanically they are worlds different. With a Cruiser, you ride, you float, you prowl. On a sport bike, you cut, slice, thrust, and carve. the forks are brought closer to the bike giving it much quicker steering with very little input, the swingarm is shortened to allow faster turning, the seating position is more aggressive to better centralize mass and corner body weight distribution... the engine is tuned to be devastating at high RPMs...

Get yourself into a MSF Basic Riders Course (http://www.MSF.com/), get your Motorcycle endorsement, and ride before you buy. i cannot possibly stress that enough. RIDE BEFORE YOU BUY!!! You should be able to have any of the above in stock form for less than $4,000 used. much better than 6-7000 for a CBR600RR... for sure. Buy gear before you start though. many states have helmet laws, and it's far better to grade leather than your own skin on the pavement, so buy a good jacket with joint protection. Back protector as well. and dont skimp cheap on the helmet either. you brain is the only thing keeping you from vegetation. protect it. HJC makes fine helmets, and you can find Carbon Fiber lids for $300.

Motorcycling isn't cheap. realize that NOW. **** breaks, fairings snap, gravel sux. being in school, i'd hope you'd put your studies and your paychecks tword something more productive to your future... than a motorcycle.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:33 PM

Thanks for all the info, i don't mean to come across as someone whoes poor and just wants a bike but i really am on a budget and want to achieve my dream. No offense, but i'm not as all new to the sportbike world as you may think. I've worked on them and been to my previous neighbors local performance shop. Which i wish he was still here but he moved to Florida. I learned on a small 200 and i actually think the twist throttle is much easier than a thumb throttle, matter of fact ever was thinking of converting my quad to a twist throttle. I understand the power and what they're meant to do, and also what can happen if your not responsible with them. I plan on taking several motorcycle courses to form my ability and practice safe riding habits. Trust me, going from a 200 bike to a 660 quad was a jolt of power! and im sure even though these bikes are 60 cc's less they will be plenty more powerful being engineered differently. Protection is nothing but #1, HJC is my favor also and what i use to ride. once again thanks for the informative info.

It is true that the CBR RR is not a beginners bike. RR mean Race Replicathese are serious machines that can be very dangerous. That being said I'd look at a 4-5 year old CBR F4I. They are more comfortable for riding every day. And they are going to run you a few dollars less. Great comuter bikes. to. There is my two cents worth. Let us know what you get.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: arkansashog

You should expect to pay about 5000 for a good condition 05.
Not gonna happen unless it's a wreck. Just look at the bikes for sale here and other sites, let alone what a dealer would want for it.

Get something like the SV650 or even a 500 like Knightslugger said. I know people claim they had no problem with a 600RR for a first bike but as an owner of one, and MANY years of riding I have to say it's a dangerous first street bike.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:36 PM

If you buy anything smaller than a 600 you will soon regret it. Like I posted before, you do not have to go ***** to the wall from the beginning. The 600 is not that fast, and if you are not a retard you can learn in a few weeks.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:39 PM

You should be able to pick up a good late model EX500 for about 2000 bux... and then trade/sell it after a year of riding for the same price. EX500's keep their resale value very very well. as an example, an 89 EX500 will generally sell for about 1000-1500 and a 1999 will sell for about 1500-2000.

i bought my EX500 2004 used for 3000 bux in August of 2005, modified the hell out of it, and in the summer of 2006 traded it for 2700 and a CBR600RR 2006 model.

If you buy anything smaller than a 600 you will soon regret it. Like I posted before, you do not have to go ***** to the wall from the beginning. The 600 is not that fast, and if you are not a retard you can learn in a few weeks.
My ***...

Old 02-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: arkansashog

Not true

Quick Reply: I need a BikE! CBR600RR