Hopefully my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hopefully my new bike

Heres a rear shot, anyone know what type of elim kit this may be? ill find out tomorrow. Where would plate mount here?

http://my.photodump.com/uploads/Gues...jpg?1438283961

Old 12-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup those are def stock front signals. man those things are god awful, cant wait for them to be built into the mirrors like other bikes.. maybe the 2010 model. (fingers crossed) cant help you out with the plate mount, hard to tell with that pic. but fora windscreen i personally like either the dark smoke or all black, looks good.
recommended mods,
- integrated tail light
- flushmounts up front
- smoked/black windscreen (i think im gonna get a puig double bubble myself)
- slip on exhaust (sounds much much better)

Good luck.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM

oh ya of course the exhaust, unless for some reason its already changed? doubt it though. And what can i say about the stock signals[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 PM

hey man all i have to say is i just bought my 1st bike a red/black 07 cbr600rra couple days ago W/jardine rt-1 exhast, intergrated tail lights, flush mount blinkers,and 2" drop in the rear and i went on my first 2 1/2 hr ride today....... i love this bike man no problems but try and get the guy down i paid 6200 4 mine and it has 2700 miles on it. of course im down in louisiana and kbb is 7200 but the bike was perfect i got her up to 94 mph and it was easy for my first real ride so good luck with the bike and ill vouge its bad A**

Old 12-08-2008, 10:04 AM

6200 wow def a good deal there, but without a doubt bikes up here in Canada are more $. Just the way it is? plus theres a ton more in the states etc.
Thx, have fun ride safe
D

Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 PM

OK so projected pick up date is this Sat coming. Bike is basically stock, has brand new MichPilot HPXtires, from what ive read they look good to me
http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/in...=pilotsportHPX
and fender elim kit. My planned mods over winter/summer are

-Yosh RS-5 stainless steel slip on will install myself
-Front LED signals, thinking the short stalk ones, clear lens, blinks amber
-OEM rear seat cowl (love the look of these) will prob remove rear foot pegs after install
-Windscreen, prob Zero Grav DB smoked
-Maybe better hugger w chain gaurd built in sort of thing.

Even though after i pick her up ill be putting her to bed ILL BE DREAMING ABOUT THE SPRING, GOD IM EXCITED Early Xmas present for me

Old 12-15-2008, 07:58 PM

Great to hear you are going to love it but I have some suggestions about your mods you plan on choosing. If you are going to go with the Yosh RS-5 im not going to tell you not to get it but IMO it looks nice but sounds like a ricer(old honda civic with a shi*ty exhaust going down the street) If your heart is set on it the only recommendation Is to get the pipe in Carbon Fiber trust me if you have the funds it will come in handy not just looks but it causes less heat and you can take off your heat shield with no worries. The rear seat cowl looks great but I only use it to take pictures I keep the stock leather one on you never know when your going to meet a gorgeous girl that wants to go for a ride. Unless you have a wife and you are happily married. Still what the hell leave the stock one on. Also dont take off the pegs for the reason stated above^^ instead powder coat them black. They are really not noticeable and do not throw off the look of the bike it still will look sexy. Windscreen is nice I also have a DB smoked black, but I wished the previous owner would have kept the clear one on. I always wanted to tuck really low and look through the screen but I always get stuck with the Aftermarket smoked black ones I guess thats just me.

Good luck when you get her post up some pics

Old 12-15-2008, 08:39 PM

Hmmm now you have me thinking about the yosh? ive only heard it on youtube, sounded good to me? what would you rec vs yosh? Two Bros? i know ack are nice but also $$. Also thx for the tip re car vs stainless good point there. Re seat cowl, yep happily married lol, ill see about the cowl, i do like the look but it is $. My F4i has a Hindle, i like the sound. also have a DB smoke, and i can still look through when tucked

Old 12-15-2008, 08:59 PM

Just watced a Two Bros ex vid on you tube, sounded good, at this point im not sure just not sure lol

Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Its hard to find a great exhaust because its so opinionated. Fortunately I didn't have this problem. When I bought my 07RR it came with the two bros along with a sh*t load of other mods. Just some more advice on exhaust you have to thoroughly think/ask yourself what will be the purpose of an aftermarket exhaust? Is it for looks ,sound or performance? Do I want the best bang for my buck and would like just sound, and looks. I left out performance because you will not notice too much of a difference unless you take your bike to the track. This also brings up the question do i get a slip on exhaust or a full system? Most common exhaust for the 07/08 bikes are M2 M5 Vale Two bros(nice loud and look. deep throaty sound but kind of sticks out just a tad bit far from the back end), Yoshi( looks great but sounds like a ricer IMO), Akrapovic*Most Overrated( looks the best on 07/08RR's nice clean flush look the new hex cans have great style do not know too much about the sound I heard its farelly ok). Those are the top three and to what I believe are the most common you will see on the 07/08. You then have your what I would call odd ball unique guys who choose Leo Vince SBK( great looking exhaust and I like the way it matches if you own a blue 07RR) Arrow( nice style exhaust but really sticks out far and the end cape looks huge but it looks ok it can be cut down) Laser exhaust( extra weird if you ask me has a nice sound but looks like it belongs in a cartoon and is the stock exhaust from the MV Agusta)< seen in the Dark Night. Jardine RT1 and Stilleto( Both look exactly the same except the Stilleto is only made for the 07/08RR. I hope this helped alot and just remember at the end it is what you like and not what others think. Get something that you wont regret and be like others changing exhaust every 6 months which is a waste of money. Also try not to fall into buyers___ uhh forgot the exact word cant think of it right now but if you buy a product dont second guess yourself and say I hate it now it looks ugly I cant stand it I wish I would have never bought it in the first place.

*PLease note everyone who reads this it is all OPINIONATED