hollow vs full pucks slider

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hollow vs full pucks slider

ok Im not even getting into flaming comp with you guys. Its clear im not saying get them just cause they are cheaper. And no they do not protect body or freaking engine how most people think they do my riding bud just layd his down doing 35mph and engine cover is scratched up bad. Im not getting into debate with any of you what i said is correct. Ill say one thing these post rub me the wrong way frame sliders kinda state thier intent don't ya think huh? The other riding bud layed his 100 gsxr just standing up on it scratched the crud up. All that your are doing is proving what I said you have scuff marks so guess what you need to repaint or replace panel and stickers. Once again LIKE I SAID will/should protect panels engine cover and suchfrom getting broken but 9 out of ten will not keep from getting scratched. .....Ps maybe you should think about what your posting before yo try to act like other people don't have a clue.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jchavers_2000

........Its clear im not saying get them just cause they are cheaper.
I'm not going to get neck deep into this either, but this is what your most recent comment stated........

ppss get cheap ones as long as they look nice enough.
..............but in this comment, you are flat out saying get the cheap ones as long as they look nice.

So, to conclude.......I'm still confused.........and I'm willing to bet that's the reason some of us are challenging you on this issue.

And to answer the original question this thread was used for.........Hollow or full, either ones will work fine, as long as you get a good high-quality set. (I have lightning performance), and I've heard great things about Vortex from just about everyone who owns them.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:53 AM

...frame sliders kinda state thier intent don't ya think huh?
I just want toclarify withyou what exactly you define as frame?

Once again LIKE I SAID will/should protect panels engine cover and suchfrom getting broken but 9 out of ten will not keep from getting scratched.
You obviously think frame sliders are meant to protect the fairings/bodywork/etc. and you would be wrong!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:38 PM

[sm=vader.gif]Does anyone know we are geting into debate over why people use sliders in first place. To state that they are not for protecting plastics is ludacris. Most people I know that have them are worried about plastics for most part. If you go downat any bad angle reguardless of speed you can total your bike with a bent frame ect:Its a big duh knowing no one wants there frame ect: not messed up. I too believe that plastice protection is a secondary plus side to any type ofsliders since half of them may need you to cut into plastic in the first place to install them cage or just puck. Maybe it's just me or the way things come accross on the net but I thought my intent was clear when talking about the cheaper pucks. Once again if you pay alot meaning hundreds of dollars then your not realy saving that much money when the bike goes down. Yes I know its still saving money but for me I would rather have a clean looking bake then a cager. But then again to each thier own. I'm not trying to insult anyone. Now we could debate all day about who is the better rider and most here would probably kick my *** going in and coming out of turns but when it comes to bike accessories I think most people with half a brain can figure what each little shiny new part is sapposed to do with out debate over it.[sm=bicker.gif]

Old 03-08-2007, 05:53 PM

For the last time FRAME sliders, made to protect the FRAME. If they happen to keep your plastics from getting scratched or busted up from a drop/fall then smile cuz you're one of the lucky ones. If not, then hopefully at least the FRAME sliders do their job and make sure your FRAME doesn't get messed up and in turn F-up your engine.

Let's dumb it down for those who need it spelled out for them. What does a knee brace do?Does it protect your skin? or your clothes? NO. It's purpose isto give support and protect your knee.Wearing one doesn't guarantee you won't get injured, but it increases your chances of not getting injured by adding protection - provided you get a good one,not something cheap you can pick up at Wal-Mart. It's the same principles with frame sliders.

Nothing is 100%, even with good ones you can still destroy your bike depending on the lay down. However, there's no point ingetting cheap ones (onesthat'll snap off in the event of a fall), especially if it's just for looks.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

For the last time FRAME sliders, made to protect the FRAME. If they happen to keep your plastics from getting scratched or busted up from a drop/fall then smile cuz you're one of the lucky ones. If not, then hopefully at least the FRAME sliders do their job and make sure your FRAME doesn't get messed up and in turn F-up your engine.

Let's dumb it down for those who need it spelled out for them. What does a knee brace do?Does it protect your skin? or your clothes? NO. It's purpose isto give support and protect your knee.Wearing one doesn't guarantee you won't get injured, but it increases your chances of not getting injured by adding protection - provided you get a good one,not something cheap you can pick up at Wal-Mart. It's the same principles with frame sliders.

Nothing is 100%, even with good ones you can still destroy your bike depending on the lay down. However, there's no point ingetting cheap ones (onesthat'll snap off in the event of a fall), especially if it's just for looks.
You just restated what I posted dude! If there are any more questions please read my last post. I think I coverd everthing in your last post pretty well. Now im confused why your even posting this because once again your restating what i just wrote but acting like I'm not saying it?[sm=closed.gif]

Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM

You just restated what I posted dude! If there are any more questions please read my last post. I think I coverd everthing in your last post pretty well. Now im confused why your even posting this because once again your restating what i just wrote but acting like I'm not saying it?[sm=closed.gif]
You can't even read and understand your own posts. If you think what I'm saying is the same thing as you, then you're wrong yet again. Why is it that people are confused with what you're saying, but they agree with me? I'll let everyone elsewho's read this thread be the judge. I'm tired of debating with people who are too ignorant to see their own faults.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:31 AM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

You can't even read and understand your own posts. If you think what I'm saying is the same thing as you, then you're wrong yet again. Why is it that people are confused with what you're saying, but they agree with me? I'll let everyone elsewho's read this thread be the judge. I'm tired of debating with people who are too ignorant to see their own faults.
I might be ignorant in some things but I do not need others to validate I thi nk I did a pretty good job of clearing things up over any missunderstanding might I add while trying not to be rude. Now for you. There is a HUGE differeance between ignorance and out right head up your freaking butt STUPIDITY. This is what you are demonstrating by insisting on carrying on a ludicriss debate since you have nothing better to do.[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=closed.gif]

Old 03-09-2007, 12:53 PM

so.... vortex is suggested?

Old 03-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

so.... vortex is suggested?
lol. Yeah, I've heard nothing but good reviews from others that have had them and actually had to test them out.

Quick Reply: hollow vs full pucks slider