hollow vs full pucks slider

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hollow vs full pucks slider

alright good.. one more thing. opinions: should i go chrome or black sliders on the bike? it is a 04 model with black paint with the silver honda wings on the tank area.. which would look better?

Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM

^^ Depends...

If you like bling, and plan on adding other chrome accesories, go chrome.
If you're notchroming out the bike, go black, the chrome by itself will probablyclash with the not as shiny silver of the swingarm, and the wing

Old 03-10-2007, 06:37 PM

If you want them to do their job properly, get some good hard plastic or delrin sliders. These materials will actually slide when the bike goes down and minimize damage by dissipating energy. Metal pucks will more than likely bounce and can cause more damage. If you're likesome people here (ahem! chavers)and only care about "looks" go for what you think looks good, regardless of functionality. Personally I hate chrome on sport bikes.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 AM

Just remember, every piece of chrome cause the bike to loss 5 hp[:@] ...[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-11-2007, 04:23 AM

dragonium25
Just stop trying to speak for me and everyone else for that matter.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:48 AM

ORIGINAL: jchavers_2000

dragonium25
Don't worry, your dumbass speaks for itself...or are you too slow to remember what you said just a few days ago?

Sliders bearly protect anything anyway just fyi they should keep your bike from needing panels replaced but 9 out of 10 they will not protect it from getting scratches on it..... ps scratches more like deep cuts into your plastic which to me is just as bad but at least you dont HAVE to buy new plastic your bike is just a little uglyer now. Only way to realy protect from most scratches is full frame slider cage but then your bike is pretty ugly from the get go lol. good luck and I agree with last post get the ones that are cheaper expinsive sliders kinda defeat the purpose of saving money when and aBIG when you wreck in the first place.. ppss getcheap onesas long as they look nice enough.
[sm=owned.gif] I'm done with you, you're not worthy to speak to me.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dragonium25
Dragonium25 was actually dead-on with his advice...............so cool it bro. And dragonium took a friendly jab at you (which we all do on here....I've taken many jabs myself), so try to lighten up just a bit.

But to answer aaron1085......I would personally go with black. You really don't want to attract attention to frame sliders. Also, your frame sliders will actually stick out of the fairings on the lower part of the black wing (which is black), so I would go with flat black myself.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:03 AM

once again, excellent answer Blue Fox. thanks

Old 03-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.........oops.

Okay, on MY bike, the Honda wings are black........on your's, they're silver. (my mistake!) Since they would stick out where your silver wing is, you could possibly paint them a matte-silver color, but I would still personally go with flat black.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:02 AM

I'm with Fox, everyone on here has taken jabs, I've taken a few myself. It's a Forum, and 99.9% of the time, when people "jab" at you, it's for a good reason, they're really just trying to help you out. As far as the slider question goes, I admit, I have a few chrome pieces on my bike. NOTE: a few, not alot, lol. Just the slider pucks, bar ends, chainguard, and spools. I wasn't trying to go for the bling look, just trying to add a lil touch to it, w/o going overboard like some people with their frames and 10" stretched swingarms. Everybody has his/her own style, BUT...if all you care aboutare looks, then you should go out and buy an antique to sit in your living room, or a Picasso painting to hang on your wall, NOT a bike! And if you do want a bike, and looks, then go out and buy a Harley, or a VTX, or build a chopper, not a sportbike. Sportbikes are made for "having fun". Hitting up some twisties, getting lost out in the middle of BFE looking for more twisties (like I did!) lol, going to track days...oh, btw, about my chrome parts, I've sold the pucks, spools, and bar ends...still trying to get rid of the other chrome parts, why? Well...I don't think that I went overboard. I had just enough on it to make it look better, BUT...first of all, it was a bitch to keep clean!, you can buy the best brand, and it's still going to "dull" out, and you have to keep polishing the chrome parts to keep them looking good. Way too much of a hassle! lol...The reason why I sold the chrome parts is because I ordered the same parts in black. I still have the chainguard, etc., on my bike, and am going to throw the OEM chainguard back on when I get home tomorrow afternoon from my birthday dinner. Yes, it's my birthday my fellow Forum members! Anyways...even though I liked the chrome, I personally think that black is much better for a bike!

Quick Reply: hollow vs full pucks slider