HIGH REVVING...Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HIGH REVVING...Part 2

i don't know about you guys but my RR seems to be so much smoother between 8-11k...
i said this before but if you're worried about the motor blowing up...wear an ear-plug...
i should ease up on the throttle now...gas just went up to $2.89...for 87...[X(]

Old 01-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: terrible one

a lambo porsche or ferrari wiil eventually own you on the highway if you run it threw the gears, their top end is a lot more than ours. "our bikes were made to run the **** out of"? ya if you dont want it to last... if your cruising on the highway i dont see a point to rev it up, twistes and racing are a different story
Yep. Good point. They're engines. Damn good ones, don't get me wrong, but all motors are just that..........motors. Run the "****" out of them long enough, and the same thing will happen, regardless if it's build "**** proof" or not.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 05RR

I used to always cruise in 6th, buuut, I was tired of kicking it back down to 2nd or whatever just to get some pick up...
If you are that lazy you shouldn't be riding

Old 01-05-2007, 06:54 PM

Huh, well besixteen, if you'd know how to shift correctly maybe you wouldn't need a quick shifter, yeah...Lambo's, Ferrari's and whatnot would definately take us on top end, but it's fun messing with em, off th eline, we'd eat em up, through the gears, yeah, but after so long...hell yeah, run the **** out of em, that's why you buy the extended warranty and so on, if by any chance it does f**k up, you can get it replaced free of charge, what are you guys worried about, they were made to be ran, not to be babbied! Just like Ferrari's and Lambo's, you don't let them sit around only putting "10" miles on it a year, they were built to be ran...our bikes, well, if they weren't built to be ran at high revs then our power would resemble something of perhaps a Rebel? Well guys, thanks again for posting.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 PM

+1 on revvin high but keep the racing out of the way dude...
Ride safe...and Stay alive!!!

Old 01-06-2007, 05:05 PM

Huh, well besixteen, if you'd know how to shift correctly maybe you wouldn't need a quick shifter
I hope that was a joke

Old 01-07-2007, 12:21 AM

God damn, lol, now I feel like a complete dumb ***. Hey, at least a couple guys are with me on low gears high revving, lol. I just figured that...our bikes are made for high revving, so...and if you think about it, when you're in your ride, check the RPM's out...know what I'm saying, plus are bikes were made to run the **** out of. When I first got the bike, I used to always cruise in 6th, buuut, I was tired of kicking it back down to 2nd or whatever just to get some pick up...I mean, there's a Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche/Shelby1/everything exotic, dealership around here, so there's always ****** who are in their pimp ride that I love to f**k with, and you can't f**k with cars like that if you're in 6th, lol. I've been riding for a little over a year now and am STILL learning new things, thanks to everyone who posted a reply!
When i'm in my car, my RPMs are at 1500 when i'm on the highway. so what? what's you're point? Pick up? what, the wheel? so you wheelie on the highway? is that it? About those exotic drivers. let them be ******. be better than them. if they want to drag race themselves into a minivan, so be it. It's a whole lot better than you. him = might live. you = surely dead. I was just reading about a rider that was drag racing a (BMW?) from stop light to stop light and the rider was going entirely too fast comming through an intersection. a car pulled out (having plenty of time to make the turn had they not been speeding) and the rider rammed into the drivers side door, killing the driver. the rider was (un?)lucky enough to be launched over the car and end up in the emergency room. <---- that's gonna be you if you keep it up.

now then,

Huh, well besixteen, if you'd know how to shift correctly maybe you wouldn't need a quick shifter, yeah...Lambo's, Ferrari's and whatnot would definately take us on top end, but it's fun messing with em, off th eline, we'd eat em up, through the gears, yeah, but after so long...hell yeah, run the **** out of em, that's why you buy the extended warranty and so on, if by any chance it does f**k up, you can get it replaced free of charge, what are you guys worried about, they were made to be ran, not to be babbied! Just like Ferrari's and Lambo's, you don't let them sit around only putting "10" miles on it a year, they were built to be ran...our bikes, well, if they weren't built to be ran at high revs then our power would resemble something of perhaps a Rebel? Well guys, thanks again for posting.
You take what commercials and magazines waaaaaaaay to seriously. do you know what the average stock racing bike's motor life expectancy is? NOT VERY LONG. at least they vary the RPMs frequent enough that it doesn't always keep it at high high RPMS all the time. just rolling down the freeway with the engine spun up to 10k will ****er up your engine quite well in due time. I can guarantee that Honda wont replace a damn thing to a motor with both a seized crank and a spun out bearing for free. because that kind of crap doesn't happen to bikes that are used within the limits of how they design them to be used. the bike might have been built with racing in mind, but they were not built for racing. you go ahead and mess up your bike however you want for the next person that buys it. who am i to tell you how to use your equipment. however for those reading who truly have no idea, this little tid bit of advice will help them in the next ten years they plan on owning their bike.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:34 AM

K then, never mind previous statement. i was just kidding.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

the bike might have been built with racing in mind, but they were not built for racing.
RR - Race Ready.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:44 PM

True, true...I can get a lil crazy at times, but the way I look at it, we only live once, so why not make the best of it. Anyways, yeah, Honda is a lil harsh in regards to honoring warranties, but, and I do know this for a fact, just don't ask how...don't want to get anybody in trouble, but, any piece on that bike can be covered under warranty. You just have to know the right people. And I'd never sell anybody anything bunk. If there were something wrong with whatever, I'd tell em' straight up. I don't have any plans on selling my bike though, so...anyways, thanks again everybody.

Quick Reply: HIGH REVVING...Part 2