HID on RR

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID on RR

I am about to get some HIDs for my bike... Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should install it or where I should put the device on my bike?

Old 07-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Default RE: HID on RR

ORIGINAL: PunishThis

any suggestions as to how I should install it or where I should put the device on my bike?
Put them on the front !

Sorry, I am in a mood apparantly. Seriously though, BlueFox did a sweet write up a while back.....hope it helps.

https://cbrforum.com/m_230461/tm.htm

Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Hide the two ballast in the little "tray" that are below your headlights.If you look down the front forks you will see what i mean by tray. Its just big enough to squeeze thoseballastin there.Some of the systems are " plug n play " which eliminates running all the wires back to the battery and what not. Most of the kits come with detailed instructions on how to install.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM

Mmmm HIDs are yummy.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM

put them in the headlights where normal headlights go..... you may have to take off the front fairing

Old 07-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YEP. I did a write-up. I'm about to update that write-up with HID's that don't have separate igniters (newer HID systems) My roommate has an 06 RR and just ordered a new kit. I'll be installing his, and creating a write up for that.

I'm also (in the next week or so) going to be installing an HID system on my other roommates 07 RR.........and a write up of that will follow as well.

So, pretty much, I'm going to be the "Go-to-guy" for HID installation questions.

I'll let everyone know once I get the new write-ups done.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:21 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tytyguy

put them in the headlights where normal headlights go..... you may have to take off the front fairing
I think you're confusing HID's with those "HID Imitation" colored headlight bulbs. True HID's are a system consisting of a ballast, an HID bulb (NOT a colored bulb from Autozone) and an igniter (newer HID systems have the igniter built into the ballast nowadays).

HID's (High Intensity Discharge) are what you usually find in BMW's, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi's, etc. and have a very clean, pure-white light output that is much brighter than regular halogen headlights.