HELP! Someone tried to jack my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Someone tried to jack my bike...

Hey ya'll,
Some *** HOLE tried to jack my bike last night and left my ignition key hole kinda jacked up. You know where you put the key in?, thru that lil silver slit? Well that thing is gone now and I can see the bronze/gold look'n key part thing (dunno what its called). I rode today but had to kinda "ace ventura" the key to turn it to the on position. The rest of the bike is cool and nothing is damaged at all except for the ignition deal. I got a kryptonite lock (which i forgot to put on after work yesterday!) and guess I'm gonna have to start putt'n my cover on all the time now. I called up my dealership and they said i might just have to replace the "locking mech" but it's like 2 bills for labor and like anutha 2-3 for the part! Plus a alarm is gonna be like 3-4 bills w/o install! If I ever catch the ****ER that did this to my bike... [:@] SO MY QUESTION IS...Does the replacment part have to be factory?, Is this somthing I can do myself (install new part), and any ideas on a good alarm system? Thanx for your help all in lett'n me vent and kick'n down sum knowledge to me!

Old 02-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Default RE: HELP! Someone tried to jack my bike...

oh man, i had that happen before too. my frame was messed up where the lock goes into the frame. plus my ignition was jacked up. worse thing is that when you replace the key ingnition, you have to carry around two keys, one for thr ignition and one for the trunk. sorry to hear about it...

Old 02-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Default RE: HELP! Someone tried to jack my bike...

Dude, that sucks.
My advice would be to contact an e-bay seller. These guys are ALWAYS parting CBRs. Find a guy selling a few CBR parts and check out his store on E-bay. There will be a contact number for the seller or you can e-mail him requests. These guys will work with you no problem. They may even be able to throw in the trunk lock (easy install) as well so you only have the one key.
This is the second major reason I ONLY live in a pad with a garage. Bike stays nicer, and it also stays where I left it last.
Install the alarm yourself...easy and cheaper. Many places will install for free if you buy the alarm from them. Try a family owned bike shop for a deal like that. They are usually just happy to have the business.

Late...