Help please. Thinking of buying a 600rr (track bike) and making it street legal.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would saw buy the 600RR and take it to the track. it is way safer and better for the learning experience. i ride at a track and pretty soon will be selling my bike to get a track bike only.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
i would saw buy the 600RR and take it to the track. it is way safer and better for the learning experience. i ride at a track and pretty soon will be selling my bike to get a track bike only.
Why not just use yours for the track LJ?

Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
To you. I would NEVER buy a track bike to use for the street. Track bikes are run hard. Hard running means more cylinder pressure, more revs which means more bearing surface, cylinder wall and piston/ring area swept, more cam and valve wear etc. Theres no reason a track bike should hold its value like a well maintained street bike.
Running a bike on the track is just putting a bike thru the paces it was designed to do esp a RR.I'd much rather buy a track bike than a street bike that some kid has done nothing but bounce the rev limiter at the redlights. In most cases a track is better maintained than most street bikes. IMO your mentality is as bad as those who think because a bike has more than 10k on its wore out lol.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Running a bike on the track is just putting a bike thru the paces it was designed to do esp a RR.I'd much rather buy a track bike than a street bike that some kid has done nothing but bounce the rev limiter at the redlights. In most cases a track is better maintained than most street bikes. IMO your mentality is as bad as those who think because a bike has more than 10k on its wore out lol.
AHAAHAHAAH this is exactly what one of my roomates was trying to tell my other roomate when he was looking at buying a bike. "Thats a piece of junk, its got 12k miles and thats alot for a bike! I will only buy a new bike because people never treat them good." Blah blah blah, I of course told him he is ignorant and needs to stop giving advice on things he dosent know about.

Back to the OP i would definetally get that bike, pending inspection of course. Thats a great deal if its all good.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Why not just use yours for the track LJ?
I do but I want a 600 for track use only. A 600 is easier to track than a liter bike