Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet

Hey, does anyone know where i can get a good price on an arai rx-7 corsair online. I havent been able to find many places that carry arai's, and i need a new lid. Does anyone have one of the rx-7s and what do you think of it?

Old 09-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Helmet

Is $299 to $399 good to you? If so check out http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/e...=&name=&next=0 I only see one for 299, the Arai Hayden Wired Red-RX-7 Corsair Helmet. Most are $399, but it's hard to find them online. Arai policy for most shops are not to sell online.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:14 PM

is that so, that must be why its damn near impossible to find one online. thanks for the link, they dont have the any in the size i need (medium) but you never until you check it out. i was just seeing if i can get them cheaper than i can at my shop anywhere but it looks like im sol.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Retired Administrator

No problem. I looked on http://www.helmetshop.com a great place to buy from. The site listed the helmets, but you have to drive there (Daytona Beach Florida) to pick them up. I called and asked if someone could order one over the phone a have it shipped. The guy on the phone told me Aria has a "No internet or phone order" policy. You have walk out of the store with it. Oh-well, I don't know how the other site does it, but I thought I'd through up the link for you.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:36 PM

thanks for the info. I pretty much figured i wouldnt be able to order one after about 2 hours looking online. I guess im stuck ordering it from work. when your looking at spending that kind of $ on something its always worth taking the time to try an same a little $. Thanks again for the line.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:24 AM

Arai doesn't allow their retailers to sell their helmets online. That's why you can't find any. They are so concerned about quality that they aren't willing to let their customers take the risk of having their helmets dropped in shipping. Technically you are supposed to replace a helmet if dropped from any height, even if there are no obvious signs of damage. You'd never know if your helmet was dropped during shipping, that's why Arai doesn't do any online business.

My advice is to find a shop that sells them and work out a deal. It's well worth the purchase though. I have an Astral X that cost enough to justify its own insurance policy, but man does that helmet fit well. Looks sweet too. Spare no expense when it comes to protecting your mellon.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:15 AM

Not true. Arai helmets can be found online @ http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com
They are based in Oregon and I have personally purchased stuff from them. MotorcycleSuperstore is an excellent online retailer with great prices and lots of clearance sales. I tried on The Arai and the Shoei helmets. You could buy 3 HJC helmets for the price of 1 Arai. Of course with HJC you will have the "cheapie" tag placed upon you. I got a bunch of new HJC AC-11's for $100 each. Save your money for insurance. I'm still in shock of how many riders don't carry any Insurance.

"Arai doesn't allow their retailers to sell their helmets online. That's why you can't find any. They are so concerned about quality that they aren't willing to let their customers take the risk of having their helmets dropped in shipping." This statement is just not true. I assume most of you graduated high school. Arai has a similar business model to Shoei. They give higher commission and or profit margins to dealers who sell their helmets. The motorcycle shop guys start telling tall tales and smashing competition with rediculous stories. It should not be surprising that motorcycle shops are more dangerous than car dealerships. I'm not saying go to EBAY and buy a Chinese DOT approved helmet for $20. The Arai, Shoei helmet racket is just killing me. It's like saying that Super Unleaded will make your car run better. If you have a high compression ratio engine, super unleaded is necessary. So they say.
Anyway, good luck!

Old 09-22-2005, 03:13 PM

DO YOU NEED A
HELMET THIS GOOD?

HE DID!...A 140MPH GET-OFF & TAKING OUT
A SIGNPOST WITH HIS HEAD!

Dear Arai Helmets:

I want to express my gratitude for the fine product you make and the way one of your helmets served me in an accident.

I was riding westbound on 1-20 near Weatherford, TX at what eyewitnesses later said was about 140mph on my CBR600RR when the accident happened. I don't remember the accident or, in fact, most of that day. However, I know I took out a street sign with my Arai helmeted head and also took out a guard rail which indicates the force of the impact.

Most of my ribs on the left side were broken as was my sternum. My lungs were bruised. My leg was broken in eight places and my back was broken. There was no injury to my head or brain thanks to my Arai helmet. I was a paramedic for six years and attended too many crashed motorcyclists and had seen first hand the difference a quality helmet can make in the after accident outcome. That is why I bought the Arai just two weeks before my accident.

The responding trooper had taken the helmet to use in safety lectures. When I asked my mother to get the helmet for me she contacted him. He was amazed that I had survived and returned the helmet so that I could use it in my own lectures on safety. My body was so damaged that the hospital gave me only a ten percent chance of recovering. But I did and my head and brain are just fine and I've returned to full time work. I've sent a series of photos of the helmet so that you can see how good a job it did for me.

Thanks again Arai, Gary Blanton / Fort Worth TX

Arai website...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you want to protect your dome with a dot approved helmet, tell me a standard DOT will do this.. they DOT caps... wtf is that?

You want to protect your head like I did, dont ride with a ****ty cheap helmet. GOOD decision to get an arai man....

I got hit by a semi, when I get some pics ill show the destruction to my helmet... and mine was only 280$....

Old 09-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Retired Administrator

I don't see any?

Old 09-22-2005, 05:52 PM

you dont see any what?

If you dont see them, then click the link for arai website... its the full story.

Quick Reply: Helmet