Headlight Out ?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Out ?!?!?!

I will take the advice from here and adjust my high beam so I can use it at night. I feel like an idiot for not thinking about this on my own.... now I just need to find a nice dark place with a wall so I can adjust them to be the same...

Old 11-11-2005, 01:20 AM

Anubis...nice call on adjusting the high beam...and Don, I'm gonna steal the wall thing too....one of the threads a guy asks how to adjust the beans but didn't see a response....any tricks or somehitng need to know?

This Forum rocks

Old 11-11-2005, 03:09 AM

ORIGINAL: CMHGUY

I run the low beam during the day and then the High at night
You're suppose to do the opposite...high beam during the day and low at night...

Nothing can replace riding like you're invisible (no one can see you), being cautious and staying alert...

Old 11-11-2005, 04:15 AM

Honestly i run the high if i am haulin ***...um...all the time i guess. it's kinda my get the friggin hell outta my way light. when i run between traffic i use it alot too. as far as everyone telling me my light is out i just laugh and smile and flash them with my high beem. if they don't know that it means i'm ridin a honda than i really don't need to talk to them about my bike anyway. no offense to the cage drivers, but i want to blind them a little if it means they will: a:see me, b:MOVE, c:MOVE FASTER.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:00 AM

On mine the adjusters are at either top outside corners on the back of the lights, theres a cross head `screw` one way adjusts the beam down the other way adjusts it up.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: cjbettis

Anubis...nice call on adjusting the high beam...and Don, I'm gonna steal the wall thing too....one of the threads a guy asks how to adjust the beans but didn't see a response....any tricks or somehitng need to know?

This Forum rocks
I've used the wall at night method before to fix a truck I took in for state inspection. The a-holes failed me because one of the two bulbs in my third break light was out and my passenger side head light was a little off. I found a dark area with out street lights around and faced a wall. I move my truck back until the good light was hitting the base of the wall and the ground. That way I was able to adjust the bad one until it met at the seam. The inspector wanted $60 for replacing the third break light bulb and adjusting my head light, he told me I was wasting my time and money if I thought I could adjust the lights myself. They use a computer screen to test the aim and told me without it, I'd never come close. He never believed me when I told him what I did, still thinks I took it to another garage to have them adjust it. It's $15 for the inspection and a $1 for re-inspection if you bring it back within a reasonable time. I did it just for spite...

I'll have to test it when I get a chance, I will move the low beam up a little. It's not high enough to ride fast at night... so I'll adjust them both a little.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:41 PM

no problem bro just let me no how they work. I might get LEDS for mine 2.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:58 AM

IMHO, I don't think its a good idea to re-adjust your high beam. There will be times where you're going to want that extra lighting and it won't be there.

Just my 2 abe lincolns.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Retired Administrator

I did use my wall technique to adjust my headlights, very easy to make them match that way. I've been riding like this a week now and no one has flashed their brights back at me. I notice in traffic, I'm not hitting the rear view mirror anymore at traffic lights. Also, I have plenty of light for the dark roads, the ones without lights and through heavy wooded areas.

I understand abadfish recommending not to re-adjust your high beam, but I guess it's up to you in the end. I have trouble with military gate guards giving me crap about it.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:50 PM

+1, been good all week...and only brought the high down a smidge, but the low is WAY up