Got pulled over today.. GRR

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got pulled over today.. GRR

Yeah, he was looking to see if you have an endorsement, andI wish they would do that here. There are a lot of guys riding around here without the "M" and it bothers me.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
ox.

Thats such bull and the cops here try to do that all the time. They wonder why sportbikes run. I have been pulled over before in a gas station. cop said i had a loud exhaust(it was stock f4i) then asked for insurance and everything. I had everything but at that point i didnt have to give him anything since my bike was off and i was parked. if i remember i heard a story of a kid sueing a city for that, cop just pulled him over to check. the kid had atank cam that was on. dude got canned and the city lost a ton of money.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ox.

at that point i didnt have to give him anything since my bike was off and i was parked.
At anytime an officer can ask for Identification and the person will have to show it.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At anytime an officer can ask for Identification and the person will have to show it.
Welcome to Iraq, please enjoy your stay.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: FITZ

Well a little background here. I live in cincinnati and the weather this time of year is usually pretty crappy. I got close to 70 today so I decided to call up the buddies and take advantage of the beautiful day. So I go to my friends house to pick up my bike and ride it to my house to pick of my jacket.
Maybe you looked out of place with no jacket (like ya just stole it) cause he went past your buddy and went right to you.

No harm no foul.

EDIT or maybe I read the story wrong and you did have your jacket on*** I don't know why he pulled you over!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:39 PM

Haha no I was on my way to get my jacket so I was just wearing a long sleeve shirt. But yea who knows the real reason and I was just to big of a puss to ask him. I was just happy it was nothing serious.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:13 PM

yes yes .. you know what i mean

Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 AM

i'm sorry that happened to you. getting pulled over for a minor thing like that can be aggravating. being a LEO, we use tools like that to pull people over to look for something else. you may have matched the description of a wanted person. the cop could also just be a jerk, you never know. the whole "your tires are bald" garbage is legal but its alittle chicken sh$t too IMO.

as far as being on the bike, that does not give you the right to not provide documentation on the bike. i've given plenty of tickets when people have exited there vehicles. most try to aviod you in the first place, park quickly, and think if they get out there golden. this is not the case.

tinted windows on vehicles, loud exhausts, lights out are others to watch for. the best one is having your license plate lamp out. thats enough probable cause for a traffic stop.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 AM

Yea the cop actually seemed pretty cool, but there had to of been something about my bike because he passed my friend right up to talk to me. Oh well no big deal I guess, and if I do nothing wrong I shouldnt have anything to worry about. I just wanted to express my story and see if anything like this has happened to you

Old 01-09-2008, 09:00 AM
ox.

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

ORIGINAL: ox.

at that point i didnt have to give him anything since my bike was off and i was parked.

thats not true. if an officer asks all you have to give him is your name and date of birth. there was a court case about this in my city and the kid won. you can look up the court case on bikestylesinc website.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over today.. GRR