Goodbye CBR... Bad wreck...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goodbye CBR... Bad wreck...

Have youtaken a MSF certified course? Do youspend more money on go fast goodies than protective gear? It seems you're wasting your money on all these high dollar bikes because you will NEVER be able to ride them to full potential, not saying that I am capable either, majority of us aren't and never willbe, but it REALLY makes me sick to see such a sharp looking bike be trashed and less than a week later you go to pick an even sharper looking oneup only for it too, more than likely,enjoy the same fate. The way you're talking it seems like you're just whatever about the whole ordeal, like crashing at over a ton and getting up means just whatever. Very rarely do people evenwake upfrom a crash like that much less,walk away with very minor injuries. You're a really lucky guy and I just have to sayI'd kill for a new RR so I suppose it's a little jealousy on my behalf at the attacks, sorry,but damn dude... Just take it slow, there's no checkered flag at the end of the street.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well man I am glad you are ok from the crash. Remember ride within your means, you should never have to play catch up and there should be no reason doing 100+ on city/local streets. Well take care of your next bike and ride safe good luck.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 PM

Ok... Had my jacket & helmet on.. I cannot stand riding with gloves... Plus I had jeans on... As far as protective wear is concerned, I was covered (literally).. Now, I have been riding long enough, and yes I have had the MSF.. Recently actually.... I know I was at fault here.. No sense in railin me any harder than my insurance company is right now.. Thanks again for the positive feedback...

DH

Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so you survived a 100 mph crash with no gloves on and your only sore ? im suprised your hands dont looks like ground beef

Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM

I straightened out on a curve cause I took it too hott... I went into the ditch and bounced down the ditch... Ditch was full of mud and grass.. There was nothing there to take my skin off... Lucky is all it is...

DH

Old 07-17-2007, 01:34 AM

ORIGINAL: 1BadCBR07

Well you guys dont' have to believe me that I was doin 100+... But I'm still alive and I know what the speedo said just before my wreck.... I am very lucky... Leave it at that... Pick up my new bike tomorrow hopefully... We'll see what the insurance says...

DH
I see the problem...what the hell you doing looking at your speedo going that fast?...
so you were going 100+ on a turn and you had time to look at the speedometer...

Old 07-17-2007, 07:35 AM

lol

Old 07-17-2007, 09:22 AM

Well, the 08s are still a few months out, you just got very put together on your bike the first time, thats all.

How long have you been riding? If this is your first bike, you havent been riding for crap. There is no reason to attack any of the members in here for saying what they have, you pretty much have it coming. Because, since your first post, you have always known more about situations and this and that and moreso on anything you have posted than we do. Like with your exhaust, it doesnt give a flying piece of monkey crap how close you are to the manager at the honda dealership, he doesnt make the decision of whether or not he can warranty it or not, HONDA does. Its just things like that that have probably made people respond the way the have. Just take some of the advice for what its worth, and if you dont want to listen, dont, but I would be (as much as I hate to say it) you will be in this situation sooner than you think, again. Just heel up from what happened nowand take it easy and re-evaluate what happened.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no gloves, with jeans, jacket and helmet? been warned and then crashed and still won't listen? wow...hard headedness AND ignorant!

repsol wanabe????? all bikes that aren't the real deal are 'replicas'...which makes any bike with repsol paint on it...wanabes of the real repsol, regardless of if it's aftermarket paint or from the factory like that.

there isn't any use trying to change or educate someone who doesn't care to learn. all i can do is preach it...and then let things take their course. i hope you wise up soon...because life has so much more to offer than you'll ever know!

Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no gloves, with jeans, jacket and helmet? been warned and then crashed and still won't listen? wow...hard headedness AND ignorant!

"Let the ignorance die with the ignorant" - Tahoe SC

Quick Reply: Goodbye CBR... Bad wreck...