Goodbye CBR... Bad wreck...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goodbye CBR... Bad wreck...

Glad your okay, but I'm not going to be nice this time (I find I'm too nice to people who do stupid things)........

You know better than to ride like that on the streets. 100 mph around ANY curve is too fast. Hell, 100 mph on a straight road is too fast for street riding, ESPECIALLY at night.

I don't mean to sound brash, but you got what you were asking for. Count your blessings, you survived for a reason. (and no, it wasn't your riding skills that saved you, you had to have had divine intervention to survive a "100 mph high-side".) Sit down and seriously think about why you gave into those decisions that made you crash, and if you'll make them again. (and be honest with yourself) Then use that information as a basis of whether or not you should get another bike.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah if you get a new bike, you should probably get to the track lol.. I mean joyrides are all good n fun, but trackdays on public roads it's a bit rough.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 AM

Glad to see your OK. Good things come to those who wait!!!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Well guys thanks for all the pick-me-ups.. All of this is what I need to hear. All my buddies have been saying the same thing. I'm out of work for a bit.. Walking away from that wreck was one thing, BUT MAN AM I SORE!!! I ama General Contractor and that is not the line of work to be doing when I feel the way I am. Especially on the medication they have me on (Vicadin). I woke up at 1:30 today (medication made me sleep a long time)... I gathered my paperwork and headed up to my local honda dealer.. The guy talked me out of the 2007 piece of shixxer GSXRthat he offered me for $7,000. (HAHA) He said they are a very sluggish bike until you get them over 8,000RPMS.We didget started on me some paperwork for the ALL BLACK 2007 RR.. It is one clean looking bike. They have 4 up there and he said he can put me out the door for $9,800 since the '08's are right around the corner from hitting the lot... I'm very excited about my new bike and I realize that I have been given a second chance at life... I will definitely not forget that... Thank you all for your hard love and statements that make me realize even further just how dangerous of a sport this really is....

DH

Old 07-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Walking away from that wreck was one thing, BUT MAN AM I SORE!!!
didn't we see all this coming?...
+1 with you cksean....100mph highside walks away with minor scrapes and bruises?...and you want me to believe that?...lol...yeah right...

I call bull**** on the 100mph crash. No way no how. Glad to hear you are OK though and sorry to hear about your bike. Maybe you want to ride a cruiser for a few years until you settle down some. There bikes ain't toys, but they are fun. Like I said Bull**** on the 100+ crash, glad you are still alive.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:34 PM

1badcbr07...aren't you the guy got ticketed for not wearing helmet and no license?...
and a bad wreck...you are not that cool...stop riding before you kill yourself...[X(]

Old 07-16-2007, 04:42 PM

sean...he's the dude who started all the bs threads about fast this fast that.

squid rider, it was evident from your posts that you were going down and it was just a matter of time...you are lucky that you are still alive...the sport is not dangerous...you are...you didn't learn anything from your so-called second chance at life cause here you are buying another bike.

but just keep doing as you did and ignore the posts of people telling you what you're doing wrong. ignore the posts of those telling you to take it to the track. who gives a rat's a$$ that your buddy is AMA this and that...that has nothing to do with you. it's just countdown until the next time you get FUBAR'd again.

i think you should get the gixxer...suits you better.

also stop with the BS...100 mph high side and you didn't orbit the earth?

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM

Well you guys dont' have to believe me that I was doin 100+... But I'm still alive and I know what the speedo said just before my wreck.... I am very lucky... Leave it at that... Pick up my new bike tomorrow hopefully... We'll see what the insurance says...

DH

Old 07-16-2007, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

squid rider, it was evident from your posts that you were going down and it was just a matter of time...you are lucky that you are still alive...the sport is not dangerous...you are...you didn't learn anything from your so-called second chance at life cause here you are buying another bike.

but just keep doing as you did and ignore the posts of people telling you what you're doing wrong. ignore the posts of those telling you to take it to the track. who gives a rat's a$$ that your buddy is AMA this and that...that has nothing to do with you. it's just countdown until the next time you get FUBAR'd again.

[sm=owned.gif]
*****!!! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I like the part about needing the gixxer.
...and anybody who posts how fast they've gone (SO FAR? give me a break!)is a total newb / squid, no doubt. Just relize that it's guys like this that cause a negative light to be shown on our wonderful sport.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: matt_m427

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

[sm=owned.gif]
*****!!! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I like the part about needing the gixxer.
...and anybody who posts how fast they've gone (SO FAR? give me a break!)is a total newb / squid, no doubt. Just relize that it's guys like this that cause a negative light to be shown on our wonderful sport.
Thanks for the positive thoughts... I believe it is guys who do 100+ down crowded neighborhood streets... Or there are several other things/people that give the sport a negative light... But if you would like to dump it all of on me for making a bad decision on a sharp turn.. Thats fine.. BTW enjoy your repsol wanna be F4I..

DH

Quick Reply: Goodbye CBR... Bad wreck...