Good insurance company in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good insurance company in Canada?

Ontario specifically... Before I purchased the bike I was quoted 2400 a year by state farm. Now that I go to actually try to get insurance from them they say they'll only do full coverage, which will be about 4700 a year. ****. That. That's roughly half the cost of the bike itself just to insure it. Any fellow Canadians care to give me some recommendations on where to get insured? The weather is starting to get nicer and nicer and I'm going to NEED to ride on the first warm day.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good insurance company in Canada?

ya, im in the same boat. i gotta quote from statefarm too, in the fall, and now that i want to get the insurance on my bike it looks like they're gonna jack it up..i've called them every day for the last week, and everyday i get the same thing from them... "were really busy right now, can i get your number andi'll call you back this afternoon". ****ers... im goin to look elsewhere.

wherein ontario are you from??????

Old 04-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update:

Statefarm finally got back to me today.. $43.72/month for basic, $63.11/month for comp and collision.surprisingly extremely cheap considering my current company wants $6800.00/year. (thats insane) maybe you should look into a diff statefarm location?? i have a few buddy's who deal through them as well and non of them pay near what they wantto charge you..... if you want i can give you the name and number of the people i deal with, maybe they can hook you up?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 PM

The best rate I could find as a new rider with my M1 was $2600 from Holman Insurance in Markham.

I'm on the lookout again now that its time for renewal.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 PM

Codie I'd definitely appreciate it. Especially if I can actually get some decent rates before the month is over. Its finally warm out and I saw a few guys out riding today! I'm getting way to anxious to finally go riding again. I'm in the Ottawa area. Although I'd imagine any company in ontario will provide insurance. How old are you though? I'm only 20 with a G2M2 + MSF. Probably going to get my G this month because it seems like its easier to get motorcycle insurance with a full G license for whatever reason...