good to go?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good to go?

hey whats up, i just ordered my 600rr and im getting the otd price of 8950$ plus flush mount front blinkers, and a fender delete new rear lights.

this is my first bike and i was just wondering is there anything special i should know about maintainance and such, im a hot rod mechanic so i plan on doin it myself just wondering how complicated it is and what are some good brands/websites for aftermarket parts.

i got my alpine stars jacket,gloves and boots on order and a simpson street bandit helmet as i use those 2 brands when i race scca mustangs. I got a textile jacket, a rain jacket, riding backpack, boots, i ordered driving gloves not moto gloves and my helmet, any other suggestions for someone who is gonna ride as a daily driver/weekend trips. thanks, later...

Old 06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Default RE: good to go?

MSF course... Look into it and def. take it since this is your first bike. These bikes are fast so be careful! The course will help you with basic riding skills i.e. panic braking and swerving.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM

Welcome,

The sponsor websites on the right hand side of the screen here >>> are a good start for
aftermarket parts. Then there is kneedragers.com, and bikebandit.com if you want more.

You mention "driving" gloves - if you have an 'off' you will almost certainly put your hands out. Motorcycle
gloves, especially gaultet (longer wrist) often have a double thick leather palm, wrist and knuckle padding and/or protection.

You didn't mention riding pants. If I wear jeans I use alpinestars knee pads underneath them. Also, get a tinted and clear visor, especially if you're commuting.

Good luck, and be safe.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 PM

gears....gears...gears...
you need moto gloves with good protections...throw those driving gloves away...
I use Racer gloves...i went through a few before but this is the best so far...
full suit, back protector and get atleast aknee pads if you're riding on jeans...
like someone said I'd rather sweat than bleed...

Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 PM

yeah im takin the msf course this weekend so ill have my license when i go to pick my rig up...