IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ?????

ORIGINAL: alekinci
a copy of the title? i have never met anyone that is that nutty to give someone a copy of their title just because they asked.
You make a copy your self then tak a black magic marker black out your addres and right COPY in big letters on top the part you sign is on the back on NY titles from what i know so there is no way they can forge it. pllus the ny title uses a special paper so it would be extremly hard if not impossible to forge.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:55 PM

You never specified if this was found online or local- it its online i would scrap the deal w/o spending anymore time on it- if its local - go look and make sure its legit personally.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 07bluesilver600
ORIGINAL: alekinci
a copy of the title? i have never met anyone that is that nutty to give someone a copy of their title just because they asked.
You make a copy your self then tak a black magic marker black out your addres and right COPY in big letters on top the part you sign is on the back on NY titles from what i know so there is no way they can forge it. pllus the ny title uses a special paper so it would be extremly hard if not impossible to forge.
hey there, I live in NYC and to tell you the truth I have never heard of anyone ask for a copy of the title. If you meet with the person then they want to see the actaul thing. If they want to see a copy before they even see the bike in example via internet, then I would not worry about the whiting out the address. You concern should be more for the document number.
People out there can do some crazy tricks. I dont know if you ever bought a used bike but before the sale is finalized we tend to verify the document number and the actual owener.

Also, I did hear a story that some kid bought a bike and he was handed a fake title that that look completely authentic.so try to be safe.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 PM

tell them to go f#%@ themselves and their stupid fake escrow site www.mycargoexpress.com these are scammers in the uk they wil contact you and tell you to send an official western union to the authorized escrow rep. I mess with the guys all the time.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: enzogfx

You never specified if this was found online or local- it its online i would scrap the deal w/o spending anymore time on it- if its local - go look and make sure its legit personally.
+1

Old 07-22-2007, 11:49 AM

Hey guys just found this post on a search for "mycargoexpress" I found a quad with 312 miles on the od. as well. here's the e-mail i got from him...
"
The quad is in a excellent condition, it has 312miles, it is located in New York, NY. I am working as an engineer on a petrol paltform in United Kingdom, shipping is already arranged and the quad is ready for delivery. The total price is $2800 canadian dollars including shipping. I would like to speak on the phone with you but I only have a vodafone internet card here, the only way to discuss with you is thru email.

I have attached some pictures to this email, check them out and let me know if you are still interested.

Thanks,
Michael [/align]-----------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]This quad is in incredible condition with tons of aftermarket parts. When i e-mailed him and said that the link to www,mycargoxpress.com didn't work he sent me another link to www,mystartcarrier.com. how would the carrier/escrow service change all of a sudden like that?!?[/align][/align]just thought i'd let you know that it seems pretty common, buyer beware, if it seems to good, then it probably is![/align]